Denon D2000 for $215.74
Sep 8, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #2 of 10
I'm glad to see the price has finally decreased. A few weeks ago when I was deciding what headphone to get, the D2000 was $270.

So yes everyone, this is an excellent price for the D2000. Thanks for the heads up DKaz.

Sep 8, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 10
Amazon is odd.

Headphones that sell good go down in price.
Headphones that don't sell never go down in price.

Wha????

Pretty good price for those wanting them supposedly they are out of production now.

Probably go down even more in price until they sellout.

Sep 8, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #4 of 10
I've been keeping an eye on the D2000 prices, and this is the lowest I've ever seen.

Sep 9, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #7 of 10
I have been wanting a pair for a long time, and this is my trigger happy price point for these, but 4 days ago I bought a new set of Grado sr325is to replace my original 325s that just died of old age really.

I am very impressed with the new 325s, but I want me some bass from the center of the earth wrapped up in an elegant magnesium coated housing with long-lasting and comfey pads... that exceed fidelity of my sony XB700s. The basshead inside of me says oh yes baby, (I have a modded set of d1001k, and so that is a spacious headphone, just not big enough for some of my more bass heavy tracks, great for acoustic work, and some rock, as well as folk, jazz, classical, as symphony music sounds very nice)... but I want absurdly low frequencies with my hifi damnit! At least some anyway.

I accept the Grados are not for a basshead, but a music lover, but these Denons are for boh :D

MAybe the next time amazon runs a sale... good catch though.

Sep 9, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #8 of 10
The D2000 isn't really worth all of that hype.

Yeah, they are amazing in the beginning, but after burn-in and getting used to the sound, they are nothing special to be honest. They sound like $100-$120 dollar headphones.

Don't get me wrong, I used to be a fan and used to love them. I don't have them any longer and I don't think I miss them. Yes, you can say everything about them is very addicting...I'm just no longer a fan after trying other brands out that are actually very popular.

The sweet spot for the D2000 would be $175.
The sweet spot for the D5000 would be $250-$300

I do miss the D7000 in fact!

P.S. In my opinion, I believe that every big headphone company over charges at some point. If you're a smart buyer, you'd know how much something is worth considering other products in the market.

Is correct. They are being discontinued by Denon.
Quote:
mibutenma said:

Pretty good price for those wanting them supposedly they are out of production now.

Sep 9, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #9 of 10
Anyone have a clue why they fluctuate so much?  Its crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back