Denon D2000: ahhh so disappointed!
Apr 5, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #31 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I first got my Denon 2000's I also thought the treble sounded horrible. But it really did smooth out in time and I think it was more then 2 days...not sure how long it took me but I would say more then a week. I am hearing them now and they sound very smooth and I enjoy them. I think recable would help them a lot but am gonna wait on that for a bit, this is a expensive hobby! hehehe

agreed
biggrin.gif
also I totally agree with that fellow head-fier who said that it doesn't make sense to recable phones that are already priced pretty high, the total cost might be much better spent towards an pair of those real top phones.

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #32 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by sk007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
agreed
biggrin.gif
also I totally agree with that fellow head-fier who said that it doesn't make sense to recable phones that are already priced pretty high, the total cost might be much better spent towards an pair of those real top phones.

I agree w/ that sentient also... FWIW, I'm now kinda glad my D2000 order (from ANTOnline via Amazon) was canceled by them w/ no explanation. Gotta admit my order was probably an impulse buy more than anything....gonna take another looks at the ATH-A900's

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #33 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
got the panny's and the px200's yet?

not yet, they will be here sometime next week. I'm looking forward to the panny's, if they are satisfactory I'm gonna send back or sell the px200s without even opening it. I heard the px100's before, not a big fan...

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #34 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by sk007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not yet, they will be here sometime next week. I'm looking forward to the panny's, if they are satisfactory I'm gonna send back or sell the px200s without even opening it. I heard the px100's before, not a big fan...

k cool, hopefully they aren't that satisfactory so you'll try the px200's and make a comparison :p

Apr 5, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #35 of 62
I just let my wife tried both my senn. hd600's and the denon d2000's, she clearly prefer the hd600's. (but she can really describe how the hd600's are better
smily_headphones1.gif
, and she refers to the earcups of the d2000's as two huge piece of burgers
biggrin.gif
)

also, the d2000's doesn't prevent sound from leaking very well, actually they are very close to the open back hd600's in terms of how loud they are to people around them. anyone knows any cans that do a much better job in this respect?

Apr 5, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #37 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think your going to hear anywhere near what the D2000s are capable of, listening to them out of an iPod and with no burn in. I would never feel confident assessing the sound sig of any headphone given those conditions.

Having said that, they are not for everyone. No headphone is. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be so dismissive of them given the less than ideal conditions in which you are evaluating them.

I agree that out of an Ipod it won't be as good as from a better source or just powered by an amp. Also, burn in does help with many cans like the AKG701s or DT990s that I experienced. I had the D2000s as well and purchased them a while back when the hype was on. After a while with them I found they weren't for me and I traded them for another can. I liked that can I traded for, but then I sold them after spending time with them. My point is that as rlanger mentioned to give them some time and that all headphones will not be for everyone as we all have different tastes in music; and what our ears enjoy (highs, mids, lows) may be different than the next person. But, I would definitely give them a try for a little while before you offer them up for sale or return them. Good luck on your headphone journey
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #38 of 62
I purchased the d2000's from buy.com also, and i'm really happy with it so far. I admit I'm new and haven't heard many headphones, but I paid $200 for them. My other options were the HD595s, some Beyer-dynamics, and AT700. From my weeks of research, it seems that most on this forum say the d2000s sound better than those. So I got them and I think the price was good. Now, for $300, that's a different matter. but I also don't plan to get an amp for awhile, so I think the denons are decent for those without an amp. But again, I'm new here so I may be wrong.

Apr 9, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #39 of 62
After listening to these phones over the past few days, the sibilance is definitely going away, not completely by now, but it is getting better. still waiting on my amp tho...

just uploaded a quick shot of the D2000's to the first post.

Apr 9, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #40 of 62
The d2000's are the best headphones I have ever had. They are big, dynamic, great bass, cleer mids. IT's like being at a concert because it's so full and thrilling. I've had grado 225, 325i, senn 600, 650, akgk701, technica adh2000.

Let them burn in a LOOOONG time and use a nice powerfull amp. If the bass bothers you do the markel mod.

Apr 9, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #42 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by classic_rock_69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The d2000's are the best headphones I have ever had. They are big, dynamic, great bass, cleer mids. IT's like being at a concert because it's so full and thrilling. I've had grado 225, 325i, senn 600, 650, akgk701, technica adh2000.

Let them burn in a LOOOONG time and use a nice powerfull amp. If the bass bothers you do the markel mod.

What were they amped by, SS or tube? If you heard it through both types of amp, which did you prefer?

Apr 9, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #43 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see grados in that picture, which model and how are they?

they're SR60's, I got these about 2 years ago as my first mid-size phones. I was pretty excited about how good they sound especially for vocals. very good cans for new comers. but they seriously lack sound stage as i found later when upgraded to better phones. I still use them now and then for they excellent mids.

Apr 9, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #44 of 62
Hope your cups don't fall off!
biggrin.gif
One of my Denon cups just fell off and I been babying these things since I got it.
frown.gif

I just screwed it back in but it will come out again eventually because when I saw how short the screw was I was amazed it hadn't fallen out before! damn....the screws are just not right. I gonna search for longer replacement screws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back