Denon D2000: ahhh so disappointed!
Apr 16, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #61 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by lastmile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ho-ho. Got the same disappointing impression as my new D2000 arrived yesterday.

I listen to FLAC on Foobar through EMU-0404 USB. The other pair is Audio-Technica A700. The two things I lacked in AT – the detail and the bass. Hense the Denons.

However out of the box they were just horrible: the bass was tubby and bloated, it just covered all low end with a huge foamy wave. But the worst thing were the mids – the lively and joyful voice of Rebecca Pigeon sounded as if she’d been singing the same song continuously for the last month and got bored to death with it. ATs have completely different presentation – vocals sound forward and bright, very flirty I’d say.

The bright side of life was the level of detail and dynamics I have never heard before (I am not an experienced listener, though). Funk and electronics sounded just amazing – if only to forget the smeared low-end. The build quality is superb and the wearing comfort far surpasses the AT’s pretty cosy design.

I mostly agree with this except that the build quality is not superb in any way. They seem to enjoy falling apart.

-Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back