Denon d1100 vs. MS 400 vs. AIAIAI TMA-1
Sep 5, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 4
My very limited experience (a few weeks. And this is from around the beginning of this year, so take this with a grain of salt) with the D1100 and the TMA-1:

SQ: Equal resolution. However, I liked the D1100 a little better than the TMA-1 in regards to sound sig. TMA-1 is very dark. It's like if you veiled the Sennheiser veil. I didn't like that. The D1100 was good.  I just didn't like the bass very much, which might sound weird coming from a moderated bass head. I'm more interested in sub-bass though, and there seems to be a lot of sub bass roll off.  The mid bass is very plentiful. 

Fit: D1100. Lighter, circumaural, less clamp, and very deep cups. Also, there is no padding on the TMA-1 headband, so depending on how much hair you have that could be a problem.

Isolation: TMA-1. The D1100 seemed to block out less noise than my M50's, whereas the TMA-1 blocked out a little bit more.

Sorry, no experience with the MS 400.

Sep 5, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #4 of 4
Of these three I only own the ms 400. Sound quality is pretty decent I think, the bass is very tight and punchy. The mids are very upfront and in your face, so it has a really engaging sound. The treble is not very sparkling, but it does the job. It had a pretty narrow soundstage though. Isolation is also really good IMO. The fit however is not very good. If i wear them for an extended periods (>3hours) they tend to get uncomfortable. This is because they are just a bit too small to be completely circumaural, and they tend to bottom out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back