Denon AHD2000 Unboxed - Added pics!
Aug 8, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #31 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by runswithaliens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recording studios are already EQ'ing most music releases so that they sound good on low-end speakers. You are deceiving yourself if you think you are somehow obtaining a pure (read: recording artist's intent) sound by not EQ'ing. Unless of course your equalizer of choice adds noise to the signal, then there is that.

For arguments sake I'll agree that music comes pre-EQ'd - explain to me how not EQing this further is deceiving myself? Clearly if the artist produces a piece of music with lets say a 32 Hz spike, I place this in my CD player and with my EQ off it will still have the very same 32 Hz spike that the artist intended. If I take the same CD and boost the EQ myself with the same jump at 32 Hz then that is not what the artist intended.

Are you following? Let me illiterate; whether or not the artists adjusts the EQ prior to finalizing his or her piece of music, the end product is what the artist wants me to hear.

Aug 8, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #32 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For arguments sake I'll agree that music comes pre-EQ'd - explain to me how not EQing this further is deceiving myself? Clearly if the artist produces a piece of music with lets say a 32 Hz spike, I place this in my CD player and with my EQ off it will still have the very same 32 Hz spike that the artist intended. If I take the same CD and boost the EQ myself with the same jump at 32 Hz then that is not what the artist intended.

Are you following? Let me illiterate; whether or not the artists adjusts the EQ prior to finalizing his or her piece of music, the end product is what the artist wants me to hear.

The artist isn't the one equalizing the music in professional recording studios. I won't go into details in this thread since I just recently started a thread on this very subject that goes into some detail:
recessed mids = accurate presentation?

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #34 of 54
Another nice un-boxing SchneiderStudios! I must say, your videos have a professional touch to them

Will the SRH440 one be up soon? Ohyeah, just wondering if you got around to taking photos of headphones being worn.

Cheers

Aug 8, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #35 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by chews89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another nice un-boxing SchneiderStudios! I must say, your videos have a professional touch to them

Will the SRH440 one be up soon? Ohyeah, just wondering if you got around to taking photos of headphones being worn.

Cheers

Im sorry i was not able to take a good picture =/ i can say they cover my ears so.. and you might wanna take a look at my Sh440 thread!

And thank you! you can Subscribe you my channel and as soon as the Srh440 video finishes uploading you will see it. it should take 30 more minutes :)

as you know my channel is YouTube - SchneiderStudios's Channel

Aug 8, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #37 of 54
could you provide more pics of the cable? im interested if the cable has been improved to something like the d5000. that would be awesome. i had a chance to listen to myk2000's d7000 (i think that is his sn, im not too great at remember these stuff) and with PROPER source and amp, the sibilance incredibly diminished compared to my experience with poor source and amp

Aug 8, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #38 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
could you provide more pics of the cable? im interested if the cable has been improved to something like the d5000. that would be awesome. i had a chance to listen to myk2000's d7000 (i think that is his sn, im not too great at remember these stuff) and with PROPER source and amp, the sibilance incredibly diminished compared to my experience with poor source and amp

Well its a very thick and tangly cable, ill take cable pics tomorrow morning.

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, epic avatar Schneider :p

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #42 of 54
Ya they've upgraded the stock cable to what seems to be a d5000 cable.

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #45 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be amazing if the ones I just bought from Amazon came with this "upgraded" cable. I guess if they don't I'll be able to recable them shorter. Great vid btw
wink.gif

I got mine from amazon also, they always have the latest models..
your talking about the cable on my current d2k right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back