Denon AH-MM400
Jan 12, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #1,367 of 1,435
How do these compare to the mrspeakers aeon flow closed?
I love the aeons but I decided to sell it because I seldom use it and I need extra $$$
But i have leftover cash so I'm considering these since they sound flat/balanced (supposedly)

Jan 13, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #1,368 of 1,435
I love the aeons but I decided to sell it because I seldom use it and I need extra $$$
But i have leftover cash so I'm considering these since they sound flat/balanced (supposedly)
If you prefer a fairly flat and relatively balanced sound, these might work for you. However, if you also like a somewhat forward, energetic and aggressive sound, these might not work for you.

Jan 13, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #1,369 of 1,435

If flat/balanced is most important to you, there are better options that cost less. These have lots of bass and I found the treble a bit stressful.

Jan 13, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #1,371 of 1,435
I need recommendations please! >.<

First affordable flat/balanced headphone that comes to mind is the M40x by Audio Technica. It does have slightly emphasized bass and slightly recessed mids though. Sony's MDR 7506 is another good bet. Higher priced headphones are even more flat and balanced, such as the M70x or Oppo PM-3 (the latter is discontinued and very pricey on Amazon).

Jan 13, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #1,372 of 1,435
First affordable flat/balanced headphone that comes to mind is the M40x by Audio Technica. It does have slightly emphasized bass and slightly recessed mids though. Sony's MDR 7506 is another good bet. Higher priced headphones are even more flat and balanced, such as the M70x or Oppo PM-3 (the latter is discontinued and very pricey on Amazon).

Also worth noting that my notes on the 7506 and M70x are hearsay and I haven't heard them myself.

Jan 13, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #1,374 of 1,435
I personally found pm3 to be on the warmer side.. though i've not touched it for 3 years so i cannot comment..

Im willing to look into the used market. The pm3s are really cheap used.

PM-3 is one of flattest headphones there is. I can't find them for under $300 used so good luck if you want them. They are very boring though.

Jan 14, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #1,375 of 1,435
Just get the AudioQuest NightOwl and you can consider your closed back aspirations done until you want to step into the +1000 price range. I still enjoy my MM400 from time to time in bed, but the NightOwl is in another league, and given its discounted price it's somewhat of a bargain.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #1,376 of 1,435
Hi, I’m new to this forum, but I have been following it for a long time when I’m looking for recommendations. Best place to read about headphones :)
I need to replace my pads for my Denon AH-MM400, but I really can’t figure out how to remove the original pads? Can anyone please tell me how I remove the original pads and how to put new pads on? Also I would like to hear what pads you would recommend?

Jun 16, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #1,377 of 1,435
So I just pulled the trigger. After reading through this thread and the reviews I couldn't resist. Upgrading from Takstar Pro 82 which had considerably suppressed mids and too analytical/cold highs. Can't wait!

Jun 16, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #1,378 of 1,435
So I just pulled the trigger. After reading through this thread and the reviews I couldn't resist. Upgrading from Takstar Pro 82 which had considerably suppressed mids and too analytical/cold highs. Can't wait!
As mentioned earlier do not forget the BossHifi B8. Much better value than the Denon and better sound, too. On AliExpress. Good luck.

Jun 17, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #1,379 of 1,435

Congrats, man. I still enjoy my set. Don't mind, yawg. He's just the resident BossHifi touter
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #1,380 of 1,435
Congrats, man. I still enjoy my set. Don't mind, yawg. He's just the resident BossHifi touter
wink.gif

I bet none of you have ever listened to the B8. Maybe you just don't dare, realizing all that money spent for nothing hehe.

When your Denon earpads have worn out get a pair. Give them a listen and if you don't prefer them over your Denons just use the thicker and more comfortable pads of the B8 and its cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back