Denon AH-MM400
Mar 26, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #331 of 1,435
Glad you like them. Interesting to see what you think of the PM3. They are quite a bit more over here..

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #334 of 1,435
Anyone reckons this cable would fit?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=311061670498&alt=web

It has a measurement of the jack diameter on it so you could check the min width on the headphone end and as long as it's above the diam of the jack you should be good. I'll measure mine tomorrow morning and post here if you don't have a ruler or something. Anyways, just a little late for me otherwise I would do it for you now!

Does look like it's slim enough though, if it does work I'll probably pick one up too.

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #338 of 1,435
It has a measurement of the jack diameter on it so you could check the min width on the headphone end and as long as it's above the diam of the jack you should be good. I'll measure mine tomorrow morning and post here if you don't have a ruler or something. Anyways, just a little late for me otherwise I would do it for you now!

Does look like it's slim enough though, if it does work I'll probably pick one up too.

Based on my own measurements of looking at the widest point of the standard oval shaped insert (which came out at ~6mm), this should fit. I also did an on screen comparison of the length of the 3.5mm section relative to the length of 16mm housing on the ebay cable to determine how long that part is. It also seems to be the right length. Can you check on your end and let me know if you agree or whether I buggered something up? It's a no name brand cable so no idea how robust or good quality it will be. Also note that if you look at the image on a large PC screen, the cable running on the inside of the mesh is of a red colour.

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #339 of 1,435
I also just found this...harder to tell whether this would fit with lack of measurements. Also, it is 4 pole on both ends, not sure whether this would be problematic.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-4-pole-Black-1m-3-5mm-Male-to-3-5mm-Male-Flat-Stereo-Aux-TRRS-Audio-Cable-/321326091336?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4ad0870c48

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #340 of 1,435
What do you guys think a custom cable should cost for something like this?  If I could get some made up to spec with some high quality OFC cable and with a choice of lengths/color and with a plug that could fit without modification?  I am going to make some inquiries!

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #341 of 1,435
What do you guys think a custom cable should cost for something like this?  If I could get some made up to spec with some high quality OFC cable and with a choice of lengths/color and with a plug that could fit without modification?  I am going to make some inquiries!
Music to my ears . I would personally be willing to pay up to AU$40. I would love a partially coiled cable too like on the Marshall Monitor. One of the most robust and practical cables I've owned. There was a gorgeous brown cable someone once posted on this thread from Amazon but no idea whether they ended up purchasing it and whether it fit.

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #342 of 1,435
Will let you know if I get any news!  So it has to be 6mm at the widest part is that right?

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #343 of 1,435
Will let you know if I get any news!  So it has to be 6mm at the widest part is that right?
I'm going to say safer to assume 5.5mm. There also needs to be good length to the entire connector to ensure it would go all the way in. Would prefer the others to confirm how their measurements came out. With these cable makers, I think they tend to ask what device it's for in case they can locate precise specs. You would know better depending on who you're dealing with.

Apr 3, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #344 of 1,435
I didn't intend to buy another headphones in this price range, but I did it in a heart beat based on all the reviews. Great job done by all reviewers! I've been using my AH-MM400 for a couple of weeks already, and they're everything I hoped for. They made me so excited that I joined head-fi. As mentioned multiple times already, they're very versatile and good with all the genres I listen to. There's no a single thing I want to improve in their signature. They rather allow me to listen to the music as a whole instead focusing on certain properties. In this respect, I can label them just musical. I'm sure there are better headphones but these are simply put satisfying. The only thing I want to add is that the Cayin C5 and this Denons are made for each other; their synergy is great. I hope they get their deserved attention and become more popular.

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #345 of 1,435
I didn't intend to buy another headphones in this price range, but I did it in a heart beat based on all the reviews. Great job done by all reviewers! I've been using my AH-MM400 for a couple of weeks already, and they're everything I hoped for. They made me so excited that I joined head-fi. As mentioned multiple times already, they're very versatile and good with all the genres I listen to. There's no a single thing I want to improve in their signature. They rather allow me to listen to the music as a whole instead focusing on certain properties. In this respect, I can label them just musical. I'm sure there are better headphones but these are simply put satisfying. The only thing I want to add is that the Cayin C5 and this Denons are made for each other; their synergy is great. I hope they get their deserved attention and become more popular.
Awesome. Love the fact you took the plunge and enjoying them. The honeymoon phase is over with mine but I still enjoy them just as much as the first day I took them out of the box. Very musical cans indeed. They just do what they're designed to do...immerse the listener in the music. Not as simple as it sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back