Denon AH-D9200 - 2018 Flagship - Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #2,672 of 4,391
Does anyone else notice any roughness while tilting the cups? The right one is smooth for me but there's a bit of friction on the left one. Not a big deal - just wondering.
hand made, they are just tightened to a different torque. most people probably wouldn't even notice. phrase i use is perfectly imperfect.

Jul 27, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #2,674 of 4,391
Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #2,675 of 4,391
Yeah, this has come up a while ago in this thread. Others, including me, experience this.
This can become a problem if the buyer has that horrible mental condition that creates mountains out of mole hills.

Jul 27, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #2,676 of 4,391
Yeah, this has come up a while ago in this thread. Others, including me, experience this.

Edit: found it: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/den...ressions-thread.882028/page-153#post-16188272
Thanks - glad it's not just me! It's also comforting knowing that others have said this is on the left side as well. Really wonder if this is by design or a common issue due to their production process.

There is also more space on the hinge between the cup and the headband on the right side... I won't have a problem with this as long as it won't impact longevity?

Is this worth bringing up with the reseller?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #2,678 of 4,391
Does anyone else notice any roughness while tilting the cups? The right one is smooth for me but there's a bit of friction on the left one. Not a big deal - just wondering.
Yes, that's also happened to me with my 9200s (I'm still waiting for them to be repaired :slight_frown: ). Also, I take care a lot of my headphones (even I clean the pads after use), but, sometimes, also in the left side, my left pad fell off when I was cleaning it. When I took them to the technical service, also happened that to the guy there.

Jul 27, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #2,679 of 4,391
Yes, that's also happened to me with my 9200s (I'm still waiting for them to be repaired :slight_frown: ). Also, I take care a lot of my headphones (even I clean the pads after use), but, sometimes, also in the left side, my left pad fell off when I was cleaning it. When I took them to the technical service, also happened that to the guy there.
Wild , I use mine on the go and toss them into my backpack.

Jul 28, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #2,682 of 4,391
Man that's sad to hear. These seem so well built otherwise. Hope you gets yours back from repair soon.

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #2,683 of 4,391
Man that's sad to hear. These seem so well built otherwise. Hope you gets yours back from repair soon.
There's a slight difference in how freely the hangers swivel on mine, but hadn't even noticed until it was brought up on this thread, and then I quickly stopped noticing again.
This prompted me to check my pivots, and I noticed that one has got a bit of a wobble. I already contacted Denon support and they just gave the contact details of their parts supplier/repair contractor. I wonder what's under the grey plastic cover on the hanger.

Here's a video of the wobble.

Jul 28, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #2,684 of 4,391
This prompted me to check my pivots, and I noticed that one has got a bit of a wobble. I already contacted Denon support and they just gave the contact details of their parts supplier/repair contractor. I wonder what's under the grey plastic cover on the hanger.

Here's a video of the wobble.

Ah interesting. I am glad we're chasing this up with Denon. These issues shouldn't be happening with such an expensive headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back