Denon AH-D9200 - 2018 Flagship - Impressions Thread
Feb 5, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #946 of 4,401
Nope, but I am hovering for deciding factors over getting the 9200 or the Audio Technica awKT.

I wish the gulf country I am expatting in had an enthusiasts store.

I noticed you sig has the jvc victor hp dx1000. Those things were awesome. Used to own them. Swivel plastic part cracked, tried to have them fixed, but they got lost in transit. I should have just ghetto held it together with putty and stuff.
Jvc 10000 iem , the best iem.

Feb 6, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #947 of 4,401
Just following up. The mojo sounds awesome with the ah-d9200. Thanks for the solid advice.

EDIT: For anyone else with these phones that feels like they have a little too much edge, the mojo fixes this. They still sound very alive and clear but I think there's a little more control. Every time I think a snare or cymbal is going to hurt my ears the sharpness stops just short. It now sounds......right. These phones definitely benefit from amp/dac synergy. To me this is what they're supposed to be and what I was hoping for.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #949 of 4,401
Can anyone share their impression of the Denon 9200 vs Hifiman Arya. Both have same price range, I am owning the Hifiman edition X v2 and really want to try these, I used to own the Denon 7200, it is not perfect, fun sounding but the bass on Denon cans is something in terms of quantity and quality. I currently want to add to my collection a stax and very good dynamic headphone. I dont like the Focal clear, it is just subjective though because many folks enjoys the clear and I can see why.

Feb 7, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #950 of 4,401
Absolutely incredible, absolutely not from this thread was exaggerated.

Since Wednesday the Denon :) is playing and is getting better and better every Minute :) A real pleasure to enjoy the Music in this special Way :ksc75smile: .
I was gonna say try them with a chord mojo but you already have one so nevermind! Congrats on your purchase, enjoy!

Feb 8, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #951 of 4,401
I ordered in a 16ft cable for the d9200 from mimic cables. They call it "occ" which I didn't know about until today but sounds interesting. Apparently it's a single crystal of copper with no grain boundaries which is supposed to give better signal transmission. Nice guy that responds pretty quickly to email and guided me towards what will hopefully be a less microphnic cable. They go for $110 for a 16 ft but I splurged a little and got it with Eidolic connectors for $160 which was still much less than a bunch of other places I checked. I'll post back with results.

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #953 of 4,401
reading around about this headphone - I've heard that the sound audibly leaks, despite it being closed back. is it bad enough that I wouldn't be able to use it in an office setting?
Heard from one guy ? I have used it in a stand only full train and its very good in isolating the noises around me and when Im at home it never bothered the people around me.

Feb 10, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #955 of 4,401
reading around about this headphone - I've heard that the sound audibly leaks, despite it being closed back. is it bad enough that I wouldn't be able to use it in an office setting?

At work, only if you work in a library, and then you'd have to be close to the person wearing them, otherwise ambient noise will take care of mostly all you could hear from the 9200's.

Your biggest problem will be to concentrate on the work and not the music.. :)

Confirmed!
I don't know what this guy heard from the other guy, but I commute daily, subway and train, and always get a chance of listening to everything beautifully with good isolation...
And even these days that I'm rediscovering my rock collection (rock sounds amazing with the 9200's), no-one ever hears a thing I'm listening, even if I would like them to!

Only in the elevator when I get to work and I wear them around the neck, is when others can hear what I'm listening to. It always brings up a couple of smiles in there...

Feb 10, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #956 of 4,401
how does the denon compare to 3K flagships like he1000se, utopia etc?

Feb 10, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #957 of 4,401
how does the denon compare to 3K flagships like he1000se, utopia etc?

It doesn't. It's a very nice closed-back headphone in the sub $2,000 range and I would put it more in league with the TH-900...another very good headphone in the same market-space.

Feb 10, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #958 of 4,401
what about compared to the sony mdr z1r? any new updates here?

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #960 of 4,401
Well, if it sounds anything like the Z1R I can unwatch this thread right away.
This has been asked many many many times , and been asked by him before. Here you go lets end it. Z1R built great and sounds like garbage. 9200 built great and sounds better. Kept the 9200 and sold the Z1R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back