Denon AH-D9200 - 2018 Flagship - Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #1,891 of 4,392
Thanks for diving into that! That helps. I'll also try them and report back.

Dec 9, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #1,892 of 4,392
Great, my dealer had to send out the D9200 using DPD, whose 'service' is rather infamous (i personally already had extremely bad experiences with them, too). Now it's been stuck 'in transit' at the starting point since Monday and it feels like this could become another one of these really unpleasant experiences. Don't understand why dealers who are selling such expensive goods have to save the last cent by tasking these clowns with the delivery... :angry:

Dec 9, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #1,893 of 4,392
Great, my dealer had to send out the D9200 using DPD, whose 'service' is rather infamous (i personally already had extremely bad experiences with them, too). Now it's been stuck 'in transit' at the starting point since Monday and it feels like this could become another one of these really unpleasant experiences. Don't understand why dealers who are selling such expensive goods have to save the last cent by tasking these clowns with the delivery... :angry:

I had similar issues also with DHL last year four times, twice in summer and twice in December, one of them I sent within Berlin to an address in Berlin and it managed to get stuck about a week. Since then I am sending anything expensive via UPS, even within Germany. Interestingly never happened via DPD. Once the sender company had to give the DHL a bit of a push and then (after a week) it started to move. I hope it gets resolved soon for you.

Dec 9, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #1,894 of 4,392
I had similar issues also with DHL last year four times, twice in summer and twice in December, one of them I sent within Berlin to an address in Berlin and it managed to get stuck about a week. Since then I am sending anything expensive via UPS, even within Germany. Interestingly never happened via DPD. Once the sender company had to give the DHL a bit of a push and then (after a week) it started to move. I hope it gets resolved soon for you.

Thanks! My experience with DHL has been with one exception fine so far and i almost exclusively use them, pretty much the opposite to DPD. Probably a bit of a matter of luck, too. Extremely first world problem, anyways.

Dec 9, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #1,895 of 4,392
Where have you bought them?

Dec 9, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #1,896 of 4,392
Where have you bought them?

Sorry, but i'd prefer not to badmouth them despite having some misgivings for them choosing this delivery service. They probably don't even recognize this as a problem (i did however send them a message to let them know about my lack of enthusiasm concerning their delivery service choice).

Dec 9, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #1,897 of 4,392
Sorry, but i'd prefer not to badmouth them despite having some misgivings for them choosing this delivery service. They probably don't even recognize this as a problem (i did however send them a message to let them know about my lack of enthusiasm concerning their delivery service choice).
But is a german shop? I asked because maybe I will pull the trigger from a Netherland shop.

Dec 9, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #1,898 of 4,392
But is a german shop? I asked because maybe I will pull the trigger from a Netherland shop.

Yes, it's a german shop, not the dutch one you are currently thinking about buying a D9200 from.

Dec 9, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #1,899 of 4,392
Where you've bought from?

Mine came without an overpack.

20201209_213031.jpg

A bit disappointing, i think.

Dec 9, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #1,901 of 4,392
There is a b-stock here if anyone is looking for one in the EU:

https://www.hifi-im-hinterhof.de/kopfhoerer/denon-ah-d9200-b-ware.html
🙄 I wonder.... With my first pair of D9200’s, the right hand driver occasionally rattled below approx 40 Hz at moderate to high sound levels. I emphasise it was only occasional. Sometimes it seemed the problem had cleared itself, only to annoyingly reappear a few days later. Anyway, considering how much the D9200’s cost, and that it was not an issue I had with the Sonys they were replacing, I returned them and explained the problem. They were exchanged with another new pair. These I’ve had for several weeks with no problems at all.
Thing is the shop I bought mine from, i.e. returned the first pair to, is HiFi im Hinterhof. I wonder if the B-model pair you’ve linked to, are the first pair that I returned 🤔

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #1,902 of 4,392
🙄 I wonder.... With my first pair of D9200’s, the right hand driver occasionally rattled below approx 40 Hz at moderate to high volumes. Whilst only occasionally, it was very distracting was a problem I didn’t have with the Sony’s they replaced, and considering how much the D9200’s cost, I returned them. They were exchanged with another new pair. These I’ve had for several weeks with no problems at all.

Unfortunately sometimes crap happens. I have seen people having issues with Utopia and HPs of similar price bracket.

Dec 9, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #1,903 of 4,392
They're here!

So, initial listening, and with the risk of being hyperbolic, I'm blown away. I just needed to share my excitement.

I don't think I've ever had headphones sound so good right out of the gates. I mean, I love my Focal Clears for what they can reveal to you and how they can let you hear everything in a recording, but this is something different. It feels way less like listening to the music and more like experiencing it.

They sound amazing on my Arche. They also hold themselves very well on my iFi Zen stack in my bedroom and are a bit leaner on the Impacto but still incredibly great to listen to. All in all, it feels less like they change sound depending on the Amp/Dac than any of my other headphones.

Perhaps I need to listen to them a bit more to see if I fall out of love with them. I'll try to get some serious listening in tomorrow. However, so far it feels great :)

I agree with you, I've never heard anything quite like them. I love them on my iBasso with amp9, something about the tube amp just makes them sing like nothing else.

Dec 10, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #1,904 of 4,392
In the past 10 years I can count on one hand the positive instances DPD delivered.
My 9200 was delivered with DPD in the summer. I was a bit nervous.
I ordered something for my car and the shop in the UK worked with DPD.
All was golden until my package is being held with DPD because of damage.
Once they cleared the package for delivery 4 days in their depot they delivered it to the wrong person and said I signed for it myself.
When I contacted them, I was told nothing they can do it is the seller who has to reimburse or send another.
So I called the seller, made complaints just to end up knocking on doors in my area.
After a week of investigation, I found the package.
One of my neighbors two streets higher than where I live saw it and placed it away from the door so nobody steals it.
The product was in their apartment building for a week.
The UK shop thought I was lying and was trying to get a freebie but when they saw the signature they realized I am telling the truth as nobody in my household signed for it.

My Arche was delivered with DPD as well but this time, due to the value, there was a note that it has to be in hands delivery.
Of course due to Covid we don't interact as much but the driver did not leave until he saw me pick it up.

Bottom line, DPD has a clause where if they lose your package and you did not sign for it, they will not help you. They direct you to the shop who will have to start the process with them. Until this is sorted, the shop has to send you the product you paid for. Which is not very easy because the shop will need to investigate the matter and can take time.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #1,905 of 4,392
Where you've bought from?
🙄 I wonder if the B-model pair you’ve linked to, are the first pair that I returned 🤔

As i bought my B-stock there, i very much hope that they don't sell models with this kind of problem as such. Mine is still 'in transit' in Berlin, btw... :unamused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back