Denon AH-D7000's for $549
Feb 6, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by joomongj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got off the phone w/ j&r. 660 bucks after shipping (599.99 + 60). I'm gonna get hammered by duties and taxes when it crosses the border but it probably won't offset the difference at MSRP w/o taxes.

Shipped to Canada?

Feb 6, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #17 of 43
Oh ya, same city as where you're as well.
icon10.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by xone13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldnt get it from karaokeequipment. I check BBB and they are not listed yet they have the logo at the bottom of the page.

From w ww.bbb.org:
"This firm has misrepresented itself as a BBB Accredited Business on its Web site at h ttp://www.karaokeequipment.com. On January 14th, 2010 the BBB requested that this firm cease and desist all unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo on its website. The BBB is awaiting the firm’s response

THIS FIRM IS NOT CURRENTLY A BBB ACCREDITED BUSINESS with the Better Business Bureau Serving Metropolitan New York, the service area in which it is headquartered."

Feb 9, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #20 of 43
I wish I had seen this thread before I purchased a pair of D7000s from karaokeequipment.com on Jan. 31st. I just sent an email to the vendor requesting that they refund my order immediately if they cannot guarantee a ship-by date. I owe Mark Lawton a big thanks for alerting me to this thread when I mentioned from where I ordered.

Feb 9, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #21 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by unlimited /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang, I almost clicked the pay button.
So should I trust this webside?
Is it also come with the warrantee?

As far as i can tell non of the sub 600 will have warranties. Jandr will have full warranty if you can get it for 600.

Feb 9, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #22 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by KaraokeEquipment.com
No problem at all I have immediately cancelled out this order and voided the authorization. Please be assured you were never charged for this and the money that was on hold has now been released which you can confirm with your issuing bank.

We buy these headphones from an authorized source and they are not grey goods. We have sold hundreds of these very popular product in the past. While your friend does state correctly that these are very hard to come by we do not sell grey goods. We had 80 of these come in in our last batch and they were gone the first few days. They are very hard to come by but ours are guaranteed authentic.

I wish you luck in your shopping experience and finding these headphones.

I once again apologize I was not able to help you out.

Feb 9, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #23 of 43
I ordered a pair from J&R also a few weeks ago when they were out of stock. They are scheduled to be delivered on Thursday. It took three different phone calls and a lot of haggling but I got them for $600 too.

I looked into karaokeequipment.com too but noticed all the shady items already mentioned in this thread. It also bothered me how google shows them as having quite a few 5 star reviews at resellerratings.com but if you go there there are no reviews for them. It all reeks of shadiness.

Feb 9, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #24 of 43
Just mention head-fi and one might just get off easy at 600. The salesman put me on hold just twice, very short ones and he said he will do 600. Maybe the insinuation I implied that I can get them cheaper off ebay w/o taxes did the trick, who knows.

Feb 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #25 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyxix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just called J&R today and actually got them for $600 after talking with an sales agent. (They wanted $899 but manager took my offer). And They currently have it in stock.

I say its worth it to pay the $50 more for reliability and warrenty.

J&R is a great company to deal with. $50 more is worth every penny even the reliability and warranty from JR.

Feb 9, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #26 of 43
I ordered them on Monday (2/8) from J&R, for $550. The fact that I had to pay NY state tax might have been a reason they pushed the price below $600. Then again, it might just have been my stubborn refusal to budge on the price.

Feb 9, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #27 of 43
Doing a google products search for other Denon headphones also finds this clone site of KareokeEquipment selling them for very cheap:

h ttp://www.bizbooz.com/denon-ah-d5000-reference-headphones-ahd5000.html

Feb 9, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by eucariote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doing a google products search for other Denon headphones also finds this clone site of KareokeEquipment selling them for very cheap:

h ttp://www.bizbooz.com/denon-ah-d5000-reference-headphones-ahd5000.html

huh? amazon.com sells D5000 for $425 including free postage.

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #30 of 43
Wow, kind of digging up an old thread here, but I am glad I dug around! I have been shopping for some Denon's and was trying to make the call between 5000's and 7000's. At a msrp of $999 I was having trouble making the commitment to the top of their line.

I had no idea that I could get the 7's at closer to $600. In fact, until I called J&R I was still doubting it! Anyway, just off the phone, in stock and on the way. I asked for $650 shipped and he didn't even bargain... So maybe I could have got them for less? I am happy enough with that price. Don't tell me how much cheaper I could have gotten them, ha ha :wink:

I really just wanted to post to say what a great place this is. With a little searching I found information that let me get the cans I really wanted. I can't wait to hear them. :)

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back