Denon AH-D7000
Jul 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #6,676 of 7,460
Quote:

But they're real!

And they're real pretty
wink.gif

IMHO metal cups tend to produce too bright trebles.  Maybe I haven't heard of the better ones ...

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #6,678 of 7,460
Quote:
IMHO metal cups tend to produce too bright trebles.  Maybe I haven't heard of the better ones ...

That reminds me of a conversation I once with a salesman at a high end audio store a few years who insisted that fiber tweeters sound better than aluminum tweeters because they sound smoother, warmer and less metallic...LOL

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #6,679 of 7,460
Quote:
Should be more than that ($100 projected difference) since the BioDyna drivers have significantly better damping and significantly lower distortion.

Wonder if that significant difference is audible?

Three weeks and counting - will have a TH600 to compare side by side to a D7000.  Should be interesting. 

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #6,680 of 7,460
Quote:
Wonder if that significant difference is audible?

Three weeks and counting - will have a TH600 to compare side by side to a D7000.  Should be interesting. 

What... no "Fourth of July" fireworks from this clash of the titans 
confused.gif
 Okay, we'll wait. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #6,683 of 7,460
Quote:

What... no "Fourth of July" fireworks from this clash of the titans 
confused.gif
 Okay, we'll wait. 
biggrin.gif

I wish.  The TH600's are making their way around the country as part of the HeadAmp demo program.  Search for it and you'll see what I mean.  It's a great program.  Unfortunately have to wait for my turn.  Worth it since all I'm out is the postage to the next fortunate person on the list.  Justin from HeadAmp deserves mad props for this program. 

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #6,684 of 7,460
Quote:
I wish.  The TH600's are making their way around the country as part of the HeadAmp demo program.  Search for it and you'll see what I mean.  It's a great program.  Unfortunately have to wait for my turn.  Worth it since all I'm out is the postage to the next fortunate person on the list.  Justin from HeadAmp deserves mad props for this program. 

Usually, when I'm alone... waiting in the dark, it's to pray, meditate or reflect. Not because I'm hopping mad I knew nuthin' about the tour. 
mad.gif

biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #6,685 of 7,460
Usually, when I'm alone... waiting in the dark, it's to pray, meditate or reflect. Not because I'm hopping mad I knew nuthin' about the tour. 
mad.gif

biggrin.gif

Turns out a lot of folks had no idea about it. Justin actually wanted more participation and I have hereby passed the word. :D

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #6,686 of 7,460
Quote:

That reminds me of a conversation I once with a salesman at a high end audio store a few years who insisted that fiber tweeters sound better than aluminum tweeters because they sound smoother, warmer and less metallic...LOL

I've never agreed with the aluminum tweeter hate. My Thiels have aluminum tweeters and they're the best damn tweeters I've ever heard!

Jul 10, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #6,687 of 7,460
my D7000 (fabulous condition) will be available soon to interested UK headfiers.
have been studying the "used" market to assess asking price. trouble is there has not been any available "used" in the UK lately.
anyone interested , keep this in mind and watch the "for sale" forum.

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #6,689 of 7,460
Quote:

mad.gif

biggrin.gif

So I'm three folks away from the TH600's so maybe a couple of weeks or so.

This should be interesting.  I just an hour ago got my D7000's back from Mark Lawton - had him do the full treatment (damping and angle pads install) and holy shnikies (is that a word?) what a hellacious difference from stock!  Incredible basshead phone with detail, great highs and soundstage.  I am impressed beyond what I expected. 

Anyone have doubts whether you should spend the $99, don't.  You have to experience it to believe it. 

Bring on the TH600...............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back