Denon AH-D7000
Feb 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #6,003 of 7,457
Can anyone confirm that Dakmart has it in stock for $600?

As for those saying it's not good even for $600...

I've owned the HD650, and the D7000 smokes the crap out of it. I love both. They're different, but it's no comparison to me. The D7000 brings musicality AND technicality.

But of course, people here don't understand the meaning of preference and bash the D7000....on a D7000 thread.

Go away.

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #6,005 of 7,457
I saw that, but someone mentioned something about calling them. Ah well.

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #6,006 of 7,457
Yeah, sorry, I just saw someone mentioned that scrolling back through. Guess all you can do is try to give them a call. I don't see any hours on the actual site but they did have some on an old ebay account that says M-Sa 9:30 - 5:30 EST.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #6,007 of 7,457
Quote:

I've owned the HD650, and the D7000 smokes the crap out of it. I love both. They're different, but it's no comparison to me. The D7000 brings musicality AND technicality.

But of course, people here don't understand the meaning of preference and bash the D7000....on a D7000 thread.

Go away.

I too, own both the HD650 and D7000. And prefer the latter most of the time with most genres. The Senn does have its place and fairly so, like any other preference in this hobby. However...
very_evil_smiley.gif
 when I wanna see some ship sail across the harbor and swing, sometimes only the Denon will do out of my BIG BAD Vintage Pioneer SX-D7000 (who doesn't like overkill?).

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #6,008 of 7,457
I like the D7000 quite a bit, they have been my go-to can since I got them. I enjoy more technically accurate, more "respected" top-tier headphones as well (check my sig), but the D7K is fun, musical, and technically proficient. And they don't need a beast of a system to drive. For me, this adds up to maximum listening pleasure out of a smaller system. At this level there is no 'better' or 'best' headphone, it's all about personal preferences and enjoyable listening.

Call me superficial in this regards I am ok with it.

I do not take looks into consideration all that often but when it comes to headphones, and when I am spending close to a grand I want to enjoy how they look at least. ...

I have tried to like the LCD-2's but I just think they are very over rated. ... they are definitely less "fun" to my ears...

I more-or-less agree with all of these sentiments. LCDs overated, top tier headphones should look good, and D7Ks are just plain fun. The whole 'critical listening' thing holds no appeal for me anymore - I want music that's fun, that makes head bob and toe tap , music I can get lost in. And not headphones that make music listening an endurance test.

That said, I think these guys were overpriced at their MSRP (as with most top-tiers), but for the prices they were actually selling prior to discontinuation they are great!

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #6,009 of 7,457
Quote:

I think it's only a couple of people, one of whom trashes fairly legendary cans like the L3000 and CD3000. Apparently, only what he owns right now is any good.

Also, if that is actually is in stock for $600, don't buy 1...get 10.

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #6,010 of 7,457
Quote:

Go away.

I too, own both the HD650 and D7000. And prefer the latter most of the time with most genres. The Senn does have its place and fairly so, like any other preference in this hobby. However...
very_evil_smiley.gif
 when I wanna see some ship sail across the harbor and swing, sometimes only the Denon will do out of my BIG BAD Vintage Pioneer SX-D7000 (who doesn't like overkill?).

x3

I own the HD600 (and my friend owns the HD650) while we both have the D7000.  We agree that unless it's a certain genre (or mood) the Denon headphones are more fun.  There is a time I like the "neutral" HD600 instead (with some slight EQ'ing of the low end to match the 7Ks) but overall they both are great compliments of one another.  Jamming bass or neutral sound basically...

As for all these "mega-expensive" headphones there's a serious law of diminishing returns after a while.  The 7000 I bought "cheap" (several years ago during those sales) and that's probably my limit.   I've lucked out living close to the admin of this site so I got to demo a lot of "toys" and while I appreciated every moment I certainly don't feel many of these things command the price they're asking.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #6,011 of 7,457
I more-or-less agree with all of these sentiments. LCDs overated, top tier headphones should look good, and D7Ks are just plain fun. The whole 'critical listening' thing holds no appeal for me anymore - I want music that's fun, that makes head bob and toe tap , music I can get lost in. And not headphones that make music listening an endurance test.

That said, I think these guys were overpriced at their MSRP (as with most top-tiers), but for the prices they were actually selling prior to discontinuation they are great!

^^ This ^^

I enjoy the Denon D7000 more then I did the T1. It's all about the musical experience now. No more time for analytical session anymore.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #6,012 of 7,457
Quote:

I've owned both the D7K and LCD-2 for an extended period of time, the D7K for nine months and the LCD-2s remain in my possession.  The LCD-2s aren't as fun as the D7K, but to say that they aren't engaging or to classify them as meant for 'critical' listening is a stretch.  The D7Ks are some of the greatest headphones I've ever had the pleasure of listening to or owning, and for the price I paid - $630 - they're definitely worth it.  But the LCD-2s were, to me, a natural progression.  It doesn't cost as much as one might be led to believe to power them, either.  I've got a more thorough comparison in the D7K review I wrote, but you get the gist of it.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #6,013 of 7,457
Quote:
Quote:

^^ This ^^

I enjoy the Denon D7000 more then I did the T1. It's all about the musical experience now. No more time for analytical session anymore.

Although, personal audio continues to grow at a clip unseen in some time in consumer electronics, remember speakers? And hosting and/or getting invited to gatherings (dinner/drinks?) and enjoying the music? When I had speakers, I'd listen to music critically maybe 10-15 percent of the time. 40 percent of time, I'd enjoy music with house cleaning, cooking or projects. And the remaining 25 percent when folks came over.

I actually get the impression these days that some may have grown up only listening to personal audio and worship the gear. This is a feeling, not a criticism. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #6,014 of 7,457
I've owned both the D7K and LCD-2 for an extended period of time, the D7K for nine months and the LCD-2s remain in my possession.  The LCD-2s aren't as fun as the D7K, but to say that they aren't engaging or to classify them as meant for 'critical' listening is a stretch.  The D7Ks are some of the greatest headphones I've ever had the pleasure of listening to or owning, and for the price I paid - $630 - they're definitely worth it.  But the LCD-2s were, to me, a natural progression.  It doesn't cost as much as one might be led to believe to power them, either.  I've got a more thorough comparison in the D7K review I wrote, but you get the gist of it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that LCDs are for critical listening or aren't engaging, because I definitely don't hold that opinion. My point about musical enjoyment equating to enjoying the music not analyzing the sound wasn't directed at the LCDs, rather a reason why I value the D7ks. I owned the LCDs for 6 months and what I do think they are is very good sounding (but not jaw dropping), heavy, uncomfortable, over-hyped and overpriced. Everyone hears/values differently, fair enough. I really wanted to like the LCDs and stuck with them probably far longer than I should have. But I don't miss them even a little.

I actually get the impression these days that some may have grown up only listening to personal audio and worship the gear. This is a feeling, not a criticism.

Whatever gives you that impression? I mean there is a (as in one, single, solo) forum here for discussing music ... right there at the bottom, tucked in between the soldering forum and the video games. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back