Denon AH-D7000
Jan 29, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #5,941 of 7,457
I like the comfort of the angle pads, but not the change in sound (piercng treble). Mine are in a ziplock bag in my cabinet.

The stock pads are shaped the way they are for a reason. I agree the forward hump feels a teeny bit weird, but the sonic benefits are undeniable.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #5,942 of 7,457
Quote:
Just moved up from the d2000's which I had and used for a couple years to a very nice used pair of the d7000's. Wow night and day difference, very pleased.
Going to get some angle pads because I prefer that feeling as opposed to stock pads.

Gave my dad my old d2000's and he loves them, but he is coming up from some cheap 10 dollar headphones so that was to be expected.

Nice upgrade :)  

Glad you got a chance to snag one while these prices aren't obscene *cough* AKG K1000 *cough*

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #5,943 of 7,457
Quote:
I like the comfort of the angle pads, but not the change in sound (piercng treble). Mine are in a ziplock bag in my cabinet.

The stock pads are shaped the way they are for a reason. I agree the forward hump feels a teeny bit weird, but the sonic benefits are undeniable.

I agree with you on this palmfish.  This is the same reason I put the stock Denon pads on all Hifimans and my AD2Ks

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #5,944 of 7,457
Would any body here interested in an J$Beyer pad for 80$ shipped anywhere, please pm me.

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #5,945 of 7,457
I've certainly not encountered any "piercing treble" with the angle pads.... so undeniable may be a bit of a stretch. 
Quote:

I agree with you on this palmfish.  This is the same reason I put the stock Denon pads on all Hifimans and my AD2Ks

Quote:

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #5,947 of 7,457
Got my hands on the D7000 finally.  Wow, now understand what the fuss is all about.  Very nice...brighter mid and treble than D2000 but not as harsh as HD800.  Seemed to have more bass punch than HD800 for vocal/pop musics.  But in classical musics though, the HD800 is a head and shoulder above the D7000.  I just doing the Lawton pads for now.  Wonder how the full Lawton mod (minus cable upgrade) going to sound.      

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #5,948 of 7,457
You scored in a nick of time!
beerchug.gif

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #5,949 of 7,457
Anyone know where I can have my Denon D7000 headband replaced? 

I have used mine for quite some time and the wear is starting to show on the headband. The pads I can easily replace but I'm more concerned with the headband itself.

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #5,950 of 7,457

I have used mine for quite some time and the wear is starting to show on the headband. The pads I can easily replace but I'm more concerned with the headband itself.

If their uncomfortable I would just get one of those strap on pads you find on amazon.  Being discontinued, I doubt spare parts are available.

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #5,951 of 7,457
Quote:

I did see at some point someone on ebay selling a band that wrapped around the headband and was made of a nylon material with padding, although i can't seem to find them anywhere!

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #5,954 of 7,457
Quote:
Never, these don't sound no near as good. The r10s might be the best dynamic can ever made, and that includes both open and closed cans. 

To be honest the D7000s don't sound that good at all, It's all hyperbole, yet the demand on these went up when they were no longer available and continues to rise. And that's really all it takes, give it 10+ years and the new slew of intrigued headphones listeners will drive the price way up.

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #5,955 of 7,457
Quote:

I remember Martin Custom Audio used to do some Denon headband replacements (with real leather), but I can't find any info on them anymore. I'd try emailing him to see if he still does them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back