Denon AH-D7000
Jul 2, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #4,396 of 7,457
well I just got my Sennheiser HD-600 in the mail.  I bought them as another headphone to match the Denon's for vocals and classical music.  Shipper packaged them beautifully.  I'll A-->B the Denon AH-D7000 tomorrow but right now so far I don't get what people are talking about with this "veil".  They have some nice lush mids.  Will report more later.

There's an appreciation thread that stays somewhat active, you may have already found it...
[=http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/538255/sennheiser-hd-600-appreciation-thread/360#post_7562487][/]

Enjoy the 600's. I know I do!

Jul 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #4,397 of 7,457
sweet no I didn't see that I'll go post around in there.

My Denon's still remain my baby as I love the bass for trance / rock music but so far I'm liking the midrange in these and maybe am starting to understand the "recessed mids" of the Denon's /ducks & hides/   :D

Quote:
There's an appreciation thread that stays somewhat active, you may have already found it...
[=http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/538255/sennheiser-hd-600-appreciation-thread/360#post_7562487][/]

Enjoy the 600's. I know I do!

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #4,398 of 7,457

Quote:
No, trust me on this one. With movies and gaming it's more difficult to point out the flaws than it is with music so a lot of the time you won't even hear the difference. IMO you should only consider upgrading if your main priority is music.

Hey Poetik, where are the LA7k pics you promised?
smily_headphones1.gif

Omg, I had totally forgotten.  Allow me to show my apologies with a few pictures:

I really like them and I find them to be the most beautiful out of all the Lawton Audio cups I've owned so far (kal cedar, australian sheoak, african mohagany).  Lately I've been really debating on selling my headphone collection so everything is on the chopping blocks.  Maybe someone has some interest here on a fully modified LA7000? =)

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #4,399 of 7,457
That's the most beautiful Denon I have ever seen. I think the darker the woods better they look. I was never a fan of the LA looks because of how light colored the woods are (stock D7k looks better to me), but yours is simply gorgeous.

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #4,401 of 7,457

Quote:
That's the most beautiful Denon I have ever seen. I think the darker the woods better they look. I was never a fan of the LA looks because of how light colored the woods are (stock D7k looks better to me), but yours is simply gorgeous.

Thanks man!! and yea I totally agree with what you're saying.  I was never really too big of a fan of the lighter woods either but maybe that's because I have a preference for all my electronics to be black.  Hell, it's even to the point where I won't even buy a piece of gear if it doesn't come in black.

The East Indian Rosewood has such a unique look to it that I couldn't pass it up after seeing it.  I'm honestly surprised that no one else bought it before me too as it was one of the last ones Lawton Audio had from his last batch.  You know as far as selling my Denons, I almost don't want to sell them just because of the cups.  That's probably not the best reason to keep the headphones around but that's how I feel haha. 

Jul 2, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #4,403 of 7,457

Quote:
well I just got my Sennheiser HD-600 in the mail.  I bought them as another headphone to match the Denon's for vocals and classical music.  Shipper packaged them beautifully.  I'll A-->B the Denon AH-D7000 tomorrow but right now so far I don't get what people are talking about with this "veil".  They have some nice lush mids.  Will report more later.

i really look forward to this.  am looking at 600/650 to compare to d7000.

Jul 2, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #4,404 of 7,457

Quote:
Thanks man!! and yea I totally agree with what you're saying.  I was never really too big of a fan of the lighter woods either but maybe that's because I have a preference for all my electronics to be black.  Hell, it's even to the point where I won't even buy a piece of gear if it doesn't come in black.

The East Indian Rosewood has such a unique look to it that I couldn't pass it up after seeing it.  I'm honestly surprised that no one else bought it before me too as it was one of the last ones Lawton Audio had from his last batch.  You know as far as selling my Denons, I almost don't want to sell them just because of the cups.  That's probably not the best reason to keep the headphones around but that's how I feel haha. 

wow those are gorgeous.  i hope you are dead set on selling them, cause they are beuts

Jul 2, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #4,405 of 7,457

Quote:
No, trust me on this one. With movies and gaming it's more difficult to point out the flaws than it is with music so a lot of the time you won't even hear the difference. IMO you should only consider upgrading if your main priority is music.

Hey Poetik, where are the LA7k pics you promised?
smily_headphones1.gif

+1

Jul 2, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #4,406 of 7,457
Why are you selling those beautiful babies?!
I have been on the fence about what headphone to buy.
Last night i actually had a weird dream about choosing which headphone to buy.  I can't get over it lol.
First was the lcd-2.  I immediately disregarded it because when i got the package(in my dream) it literally was twice the size of my head lol.  Just crazy huge.  Then was the d7000 but i couldn't bring myself to like it because while there was bass, in my dream it sounded like an old pair of sony walkman headphones ( i think i am so worried about them not being as good as other top tier headphones)
Then there was the HE-500.  I chose them at the end of the dream and was kind of mad because the sound was amazing( even though i don't remember even getting to hear it) but the bass and sub bass couldn't give me that extra hair raising experience like the d7000's could
I really want to go with the he-500 but am worried about not getting the bass that the d7000 has but i am so worried about the d7000's recessed mids or i would go with them.  Also i would like to use a tube amp and solid states are more prefered than tubes for d7k's

Jul 2, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #4,409 of 7,457

Quote:
Hey Dakmart put there price up to $599

woah.... 599 for refurbished?... poor guys the one that get them at that price...

Jul 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #4,410 of 7,457

Quote:

woah.... 599 for refurbished?... poor guys the one that get them at that price...

Sad.  I got my refurbs from them for under five just about a month ago. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back