Denon AH-D7000
May 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #1,907 of 7,457
Well, I'm back in the Denon D7000 fold. I just ended up missing their rich, lush and bassy presentation too much. I am glad to have them back on the roster!

Hopefully they should arrive from Headroom tomorrow.

May 13, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #1,908 of 7,457
NICE!  This is always a powerful statement about headphones I think - when people regret selling them so much they re-buy them - especially someone with headphones as good as yours are
L3000.gif

May 13, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #1,909 of 7,457
I sold my hd800 (Which i fell in love with), hf2 and pretty much all of my associated gear to get money for my Europe trip. However, I also bought a d7000 as my downgraded headphone. I found it to be the only headphone I've owned that I can still go back to happily.

May 13, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #1,910 of 7,457
I am glad to have them back on the roster for sure. 
biggrin.gif

I did miss their really lush presentation with powerful bass. A great change to everything I own (except for my IE8s, but I don't listen to my IEMs as much anymore as my work related travel has really dropped off).

So if anyone is looking for a great set of mint IEMs (IE8s), please see my add in the F/S forum.

May 14, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #1,911 of 7,457
Told you  that you were crazy! :p but I think you are beginning to see the light... haha enjoy them!

You can always be cool like me too and find an epic solid state amp to pair them with.... sooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooood!

Quote:
I am glad to have them back on the roster for sure. 
biggrin.gif

I did miss their really lush presentation with powerful bass. A great change to everything I own (except for my IE8s, but I don't listen to my IEMs as much anymore as my work related travel has really dropped off).

So if anyone is looking for a great set of mint IEMs (IE8s), please see my add in the F/S forum.

May 14, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #1,913 of 7,457
I personally found the ATH-W1000X to be a lot more musical and full bodied than the Denon D5000, which is notorious for having pretty badly tamed bass without doing the Markl Mods, as well as a somewhat constricted soundstage.  W1000X has wonderful deep bass, prominent mids, and very nice highs, all encompassed in a great soundstage (due to deep cups and very angled drivers).  The D5000 are also pretty fragile headphones compared to the W1000X which is meticulously put together (very solid frame, good fastening of wooden cups, etc.).  It also depends of the type of amp that you have...I personally thought that the synergy of the D5000 with my WA6SE tube amp wasn't that great whereas the W1000X has better synergy with tubes.

May 14, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #1,914 of 7,457
I will be getting around to doing a fully thorough review of The D7000 and will compare it at length to the W1000X.

Can't really say which one I like best at this point, but the comments about build quality and craftsmanship are very true. W1000X is gorgeous and built amazingly... D7000 looks  pretty nice too but the build quality sucks.

I don't think either of them would suit a tube amp, but that is just my opinion. 

Quote:
Do you like them better than the AT 1000X. I am interested in either the Denon 5000 or the At1000x. I really have been lusting for the 1000X

May 14, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #1,916 of 7,457

Quote:
I will be getting around to doing a fully thorough review of The D7000 and will compare it at length to the W1000X.

Can't really say which one I like best at this point, but the comments about build quality and craftsmanship are very true. W1000X is gorgeous and built amazingly... D7000 looks  pretty nice too but the build quality sucks.

I don't think either of them would suit a tube amp, but that is just my opinion. 

Not a great choice for OTL tube amps, generally, but with a good transformer coupled tube amp, terrific.  Both sound phenomenal from my Leben CS300X.

May 14, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #1,918 of 7,457

Quote:

Not a great choice for OTL tube amps, generally, but with a good transformer coupled tube amp, terrific.  Both sound phenomenal from my Leben CS300X.

What do you think of the D7000/W1000X with your say Leben vs your concerto? I have found my D7000 to improve the most of all my headphones upon getting the Concerto which is my first serious amp.

It would interest me to hear what a tube amp fan like yourself (albeit with very high quality tube amps!) thinks of these headphones with the Concerto.

May 14, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #1,919 of 7,457
The D7000 and W1000X both sound terrific with the Concerto.  I think they sound better still with the Leben - but that really isn't a fair comparison, given that the Leben is 5x the cost of the Concerto.  The Concerto does a great job with both.

May 14, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #1,920 of 7,457

Quote:
Told you  that you were crazy! :p but I think you are beginning to see the light... haha enjoy them!

You can always be cool like me too and find an epic solid state amp to pair them with.... sooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooood!

I got a great deal on them brand new and I'm pretty much out zero dollars between the sale of my last pair and the new ones coming in on Monday. I prefer them with TUBES FWIW. I don't have to worry about the synergy with my MAD Ear+HD tube amp....since that was my pairing my first go around and it was great!

I prefer almost everything with tubes
biggrin.gif
...except for the AKG K701s. Hopefully that still makes me cool (just maybe not as much as you
wink.gif
).

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back