Denon AH-D7000
Apr 30, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #886 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by winston_pr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My d7000 seems to be ever so slightly mis-balanced making the left side sound a bit louder than right. Do I need to go get my ears cleaned or is something wrong with my headphones or set-up? Any advice appreciated.

(Same issue both straight from a mac-mini or via Carat-Topaz)

check the pads on the headphone make sure they are aligned, I found that when I first got mine the pads were rotated differently on each side.

May 2, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #887 of 7,457
just an fyi:

Quote:

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to tell you that the following item(s) have just become available for shipment. You can order by clicking the link next to the item(s) you wish to receive.

Denon AHD-7000 Ultra Reference Over-Ear Headphones - Denon AHD-7000 Ultra Reference Over-Ear Headphones in Corded Headphones at JR.com

At the time of this mailing these items are in stock. Orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.

Due to high volume sales, stock status changes frequently. If this item is not in stock at the time you wish to order it, you may submit an additional request and you will be notified when we receive our next shipment.

If you have any questions, please contact our customer service department using the information below.

Thank you once again for shopping at J&R Music And Computer World.

J&R Music/Computer World
Customer Service Department
59-21 Queens-Midtown Expressway
Maspeth, NY 11378 USA
Visit our website at J&R: Electronics, Digital Cameras, Computers, Appliances, Software, Video Games, DVDs, CDs .
TEL: (800) 426-6027
FAX: (718) 507-3189
Email: mailto:custserv@jr.com
To place an order call: (800) 806-1115

says to call for latest pricing...

May 2, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #889 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by 222HEAVY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And so???

and so j&r was selling them for 'round $550 new last time they had them in stock which is considerably cheaper than most places...

already have mine...& i paid quite a bit more than that...

May 2, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #892 of 7,457
nearly bought an extra set...called and price is $549.99 shipped...

guy said the computer was showing three in stock...i told him they'd probably be gone by end of business today...he thinks they'll last the weekend
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #893 of 7,457
That's cheaper than ebay used prices on these. I highly recommend them myself. When I was searching for my set, I paid $600, and that was the best I could find them for a few weeks ago.

May 4, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #897 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by nauxolo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This might be my imagination, but I think these headphones are more forgiving than most. They make 128kbps mp3s sound pretty good.

I would say its your imagination. 128 kbs is pretty unlistenable with anything.

May 4, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #898 of 7,457
emelius, I truly want to thank you for posting the info you recieved from J&R. I have been looking for these headphones for a while and everytime someone post them in the for sale, or that they are on another site I tend to miss out.

I called them this morning and talked to Rick (a salesman) and he told me that they had a pair left. I asked the price and he informed me that they are 999.00, I then told him about the post you have showed us. He then put me on hold and must of talked to someone else, came back on and said that it was a one day sale, then said that he would offer the price (549.00 with free shipping and no tax!). Finally, I get to see what the rave is all about.

If they live up to their expectations my Grado 325i's will be in the case for a while.

New system (Denon 5900---->Millett Max---->Denon D7000
L3000.gif
)

Thanks again, James

May 4, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #899 of 7,457
I just ordered the 7000.

How necessary is an amplifier? I'm going to be using my x-fi xtreme music sound card for processing. If an amp is necessary for these drivers, what should I look for in the under $300 range?

May 4, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #900 of 7,457
sweet!...

no thanks necessary...you've saved me from buying that extra set...now i can buy important things...like camera lenses
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back