Denon AH-D7000
Sep 29, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #182 of 7,457
Some of these low prices worries me, makes me wonder where and how they acquire their units. Pretty sure warranties are not covered, but does warranties matter that much in the headphone world? Has anyone's headphones crapped out before the warranty ended?

Sep 30, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #184 of 7,457
I'd imagine most large online companies purchase the items from Denon the same way every other company does, but they likely operate with a specific formula for initial products cost leading to actual listed sales price. Likely no one there knows what the AH-D7000 listed on their site is, but they know that applying that formula will turn them a profit while being competitive. Why else would so many companies have it listed in the mid to upper 500s?

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #187 of 7,457
Just thought I'd add a little something here even though I'm new to this and I don't have the most discerning ear.

I'm on vacation in Tokyo and I stopped by Dynamic Audio in Akiba yesterday to try out the D7000s. After comparing with the 5000 I found the 7000 to be more comfortable and a bit sturdier. The biggest difference is the bass though - the 7000s are monsters! And it does it without making the whole sound 'darker' which I found that the JVC DX-1000 did. Truly amazing.

On the negative side, I did find both the 5000 and 7000 to be a bit sibilant. The 's' sounds can get a bit piercing. That was really the only flaw I found in my limited time testing.

Scott

Oct 4, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #188 of 7,457
I have two questions that I would love for you all to try and answer for me. One; how do the D7000's compare to the JVC DX-1000's? They are both the flagships of the brands and a direct comparison is in order. Two; what genuinely new technology is implemented in the Denon D7000? Sometimes I wonder if the novelty-of-the-new with these headphones is what drives their sales. I wonder if Denon could have made these same headphones 10 years ago. Maybe there is something totally new about them that really make them a cutting edge reference. I would like to hear your opinions.

Oct 4, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #190 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.khali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very few have tried the new Denon's as yet David as most sites have them only for pre-order. A few more weeks and the impressions and comparisons will start to surface.

Thanks. I am just wondering too if there really is any genuinely new technology in the headphones. One thing I noticed already; I really wish, especially for $1000, that the stitching on the pads were done better.

Oct 4, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #193 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I am just wondering too if there really is any genuinely new technology in the headphones. One thing I noticed already; I really wish, especially for $1000, that the stitching on the pads were done better.

What makes you think that there is some novelty technology in these phones, some sale ad?

Oct 4, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #195 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What makes you think that there is some novelty technology in these phones, some sale ad?

No, I was just wondering if there was something new that made these phones special that we don't know about yet. I didn't see any ad or anything else that stated anything new about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back