Denon AH-D7000
Jul 22, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #1,246 of 7,457
Moon Audio has completed recabling and has shipped (Overnight) my AH-D7000's. They will be burning in 24/7 for the next ten days or so, although they are going with me to the NJ meet on Saturday. My pairs model designation is now AH-D7000SE. Only I can't say what the SE stands for
wink.gif

The wire that I used is very special, and I can confidently say that no one else has a pair of 7000's done like these. Damn.... I hope that they don't suck
smile.gif
In fact I know of only one other pair of Headphones ever recabled with this wire (Although that set used wire 3 generations ago), a set of Sony MDR-SA5000's that currently reside in Florida.

I must say that Drew at Moon Audio did the job quickly with no fuss and no muss. I'll post pictures when I find my camera.

Jul 23, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #1,248 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundlogic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Only I can't say what the SE stands for
wink.gif
"
Lemme guess: Standing in awE? .

I would not presume as much. You'd have to know what I do for a living.

And I'm not saying, but it's not a secret.

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #1,249 of 7,457
I am still in love. A guy at work asked what I was doing the other night and I told him I was going to go see my girlfriend. He said I thought you were married. I told him I still was and I was talking about my headphones.

After listening to a cd the other night I took them off and told my wife that I kind of feel sorry for people that have never heard their music on a setup like mine (not even that great). They have not heard it the way it should be played.

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #1,250 of 7,457
Still love my D7000s. im still in the process of getting a proper amp to drive them, but they still sound good with my current crap setup.

i even go back to Yodobashi Camera every so often and compare my D7000s to wat they have setup. and the only phones there that i can tell have a distinct upper hand on the Denons are the Stax SR-007. Some of the other headphones displayed were Ultrasone Edition9, AKG K701, Audio Technica ATH W5000, Victor/JVC HPDX700, Grado GS1000, RS1i, RS2. I still go there just to plug into the luxman amps and listen to CDs for a few hours after work. I know I know.. but i just dont have the cash right now.

They took down the HD800s so I cant really say if they sound better to me. BUT they did have the HD800s when i purchased these phones and I still opted for the Denons. If they had the Ultrasone Edition 8s there then maybe i wouldnt be in this forum.

Yes, Gu Sensei kinda gave me a push when he said that he would choose these over his GS1000s. Originally, I was gonna get the Grados.

btw. i find that almost every other headphone and speaker system that i hear now sounds like crap b/c im often listening to my headphones. something i never noticed before.

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #1,251 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would not presume as much. You'd have to know what I do for a living.

And I'm not saying, but it's not a secret.

Siltech Edition

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #1,254 of 7,457
Yikes;
Since it is common knowledge, to some, that you are the U.S. Importer for Siltech, or close to that, it was only obvious what "S.E." stood for...but I was just trying to have some tongue and cheek fun, and not give away the goods.
I hate when I have to explain things.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #1,255 of 7,457
I know. I'm just excited to be getting my 7000's back. Unfortunately I won't be posting opinions, because I'm not a shill. I will be posting pictures. The pictures however will tell much more about Moon Audio's skill at recabling than anything else, and I paid Drew the same as anyone else for his craftsmanship.

Jul 23, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #1,257 of 7,457
Are the ibasso D2 amps strong enough to drive the D7000? I have read from skylab that despite the low impedance they really need a lot of current to sound how they should be.

Jul 23, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #1,258 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know. I'm just excited to be getting my 7000's back. Unfortunately I won't be posting opinions, because I'm not a shill. I will be posing pictures. The pictures however will tell much more about Moon Audio's skill at recabling than anything else, and I paid Drew the same as anyone else for his craftsmanship.

Will you be posing like Patrick with his Power Cables in his Skivvies? That's a cry for help...

popcorn.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #1,259 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will you be posing like Patrick with his Power Cables in his Skivvies? That's a cry for help...

popcorn.gif

I'm a very modern thinker, so I'm sorry to disappoint but not today my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back