Apr 17, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #7,337 of 7,457
Hello
I was wondering if any headfi-ers here could help me with the
degraded dampening rings on the AHD7K
How and where can I Replace them?

Any help would be appreciated

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #7,338 of 7,457
Wow...

Just got a set of d7000's and wonderin why I've never bought them B4 now. Very nice!

I assumed that all they were about was their bass, but they also have excellent mids, treble, soundstage, depth, width, timbre, texture, detail, tone, etc, etc... 

Very happy to join the club :wink:

Congrats... Enjoy, I still have mine. They certainly sound terrific.

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #7,339 of 7,457
I absolutely love these things for rock music. The dynamics, the extra touch of slightly warm bass, the clarity and detail of the guitars. Good electric guitar just freaking GROWLS with these cans.

I have $12k Martin Logan speakers that can't keep up with these headphones for big, loud, distorted rock. They're such a perfect compliment!

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #7,340 of 7,457
I absolutely love these things for rock music. The dynamics, the extra touch of slightly warm bass, the clarity and detail of the guitars. Good electric guitar just freaking GROWLS with these cans.

I have $12k Martin Logan speakers that can't keep up with these headphones for big, loud, distorted rock. They're such a perfect compliment!

Ditto! Also, I haven't found a genre they do not excell in! They are my new favorite.

Aug 29, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #7,343 of 7,457
Stopping in to say hi. Still my favorite headphones.

Aug 29, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #7,344 of 7,457
Aug 29, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #7,345 of 7,457
These headphones are amazing. unfortunately after 3 years they completely fell apart on me, the housing that holds the drivers completely detached from the band, at the silver screws, on both sides. Anyone know where I can get them fixed? They've been lying in a ziploc bag in my closet for 4 years now, and everytime I use a pair of headphones I wish that these would magically come out of the closet repaired. :frowning2:

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #7,346 of 7,457
These headphones are amazing. unfortunately after 3 years they completely fell apart on me, the housing that holds the drivers completely detached from the band, at the silver screws, on both sides. Anyone know where I can get them fixed? They've been lying in a ziploc bag in my closet for 4 years now, and everytime I use a pair of headphones I wish that these would magically come out of the closet repaired. :frowning2:

There's a thread dedicated to the repair of this era of Denon headphones. Wish I could remember the name of it but maybe if you do a search you'll find it. There are parts available to repair this issue you had.

Aug 29, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #7,348 of 7,457

Thanks, I might need that info someday as well. I still have and use my Lawton Audio modded D7000 which compare very favorably with my open phones (open and airy highs, slightly forwards mids, and tight fast but balanced bass), although not as isolated as I'd like.

EDIT - Well crud, I just read the last pages and it seems spare parts are already gone or scarce. I might have to take pre-emptive action and maybe see if I have anyone who can try to make sure everything is tight.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #7,349 of 7,457
@HeadphoneAddict I remember seeing your posts probably way back in 2008 and 2009. Awesome you still have the Denons after all this time and it's a testament to their quality. I'm still enamoured by my D2ks, not if and what I'd upgrade to, but I'd want to hear he D7000. Closest I've heard is a TH900, and I very much liked them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back