Denon AH-D7000
Jan 7, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #5,866 of 7,464
I kept hearing bad things about the LCD-2 and pretty much ditched that plan. 

Always listen for yourself.

If I would have listened to people I would have never got a pair of D7100's, and it turns out I enjoy them.

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #5,867 of 7,464
I just got LCD 3's, had LCD 2's going on almost 2 years, and I still have the D7000. They honestly don't get nearly the same amount of head time they used to, but when I want to lay in bed and close my eyes, or when my gf complains how loud the Audeze's are I turn to the denons. There still a favorite of mine for edm. I really want the TH 900's though, but I got more gear coming and spend a lot lately. Plus I am patiently waiting to see what's up with those TH 600 blacked out prototypes we've seen that hopefully will be here this year. 

Another thing that makes me a little weary about the TH900's is what David Mahler had to say about the difference between the denons and fostex in the battle of the flagships thread. Basically saying the denons aren't that much behind the fostex in performance, and for me, basically a $1,300 price increase. I mean I'm sure they are better no doubt I have my eyes glued to all the opinions in the threads but that is a huge price difference to what the denons used to run. It's good to hear though for us denons owners that were able to scoop them up the oast few years at favorable prices, and now appreciating in price. 

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #5,868 of 7,464
Quote:
 It's good to hear though for us denons owners that were able to scoop them up the oast few years at favorable prices, and now appreciating in price. 

+1

beerchug.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #5,869 of 7,464
I can't thank fellow member snapple10 enough...

...for persuading me NOT to list my beloved D7000 Zeus Quad22 OCC Copper 4x22 AWG - XLR (Balanced w/matching adapter) 
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #5,870 of 7,464
Quote:

...for persuading me NOT to list my beloved D7000 Zeus Quad22 OCC Copper 4x22 AWG - XLR (Balanced w/matching adapter) 
wink.gif

blink.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #5,871 of 7,464
Quote:
Quote:

wink.gif

blink.gif

Yup, I came very close to giving those bad boys up! I needed a down payment on some vintage Klipschorn speakers or Maggies. Decided it was a bit too soon for speakers, so...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #5,872 of 7,464
Quote:

Yup, I came very close to giving those bad boys up! I needed a down payment on some vintage Klipschorn speakers or Maggies. Decided it was a bit too soon for speakers, so...
rolleyes.gif

No way man.  The Maggies can wait a few more weeks.  I went out and got all three of the Denons.  Keep em if you got em.  Go get em if you don't.

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #5,874 of 7,464
Quote:
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

No way man.  The Maggies can wait a few more weeks.  I went out and got all three of the Denons.  Keep em if you got em.  Go get em if you don't.

What was I 
eek.gif
 thinking?!

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #5,875 of 7,464
Hope the j money pad increases my d7000 value even more. It is the best leather ear pad ever!!!

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #5,877 of 7,464
Quote:

Hey Erik,

I'll trade you a pair of the new D7100 for your K501's 
biggrin.gif

Hah! I wouldn't take that trade any day of the week. The D7100s are on amazon at like $650 already for an open box pair. Doesn't fair well for people selling them used. 

Quote Tyll at innerfidelity :
You know what chafes my chaps? Makers who discontinue a perfectly good headphone and replace it with something inferior. Denon did it with the AH-D1001 when they replaced it with the very colored AH-D1100. And now they've done it again ...

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DenonAHD7100.pdf

The impulse response and square waves tell the whole story. There are some people who are touting these new ones as superior to the D7000, and the D600 superior to the D5000. It just hurts my head. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back