Denon AH-D7000
Feb 17, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #5,026 of 7,462
The new in open box Denons, they'd have to be MASTERS at getting the headphones to look that perfectly untouched.

People are being paranoid. E-E could just as easily just say OPEN BOX. But they state NEW in open box. As far as I'm concerned, they are being 100% truthful about them being new, because all signs point to it. It looks physically impossible for someone other than Denon's boxing methods to get the Denons to sit the way they do when they're new, especially the cables, as well as the tape holding the cups to the band. These would show clear signs of being removed from the box or tampered with.

Again, my new in open box Denons looked exactly the same as my new, sealed Denons in the box.

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #5,027 of 7,462
Yes this happens to lot of people, used or open box I don't trust them.

I've never seen anyone with a pair of D7K's find a set of D2K drivers in them, do you have any info since you say it happens to a lot of people?

Feb 17, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #5,028 of 7,462
Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me, especially since EE is willing to sell new/unsealed ones for the same price or less if you pressure them (I guess it saves them the trouble open opening the outer packaging).

Drew

Quote:
I've never seen anyone with a pair of D7K's find a set of D2K drivers in them, do you have any info since you say it happens to a lot of people?

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #5,029 of 7,462
Quote:
Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me, especially since EE is willing to sell new/unsealed ones for the same price or less if you pressure them (I guess it saves them the trouble open opening the outer packaging).

Drew

Well whatever the reason I'm not sure Denon would approve, it doesn't sound all that legit. For one it brings down the price of the Denon's but for the same reason makes them affordable for more people...

Do they offer all headphones open-box or just the Denon line?

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #5,030 of 7,462

I'm not sure what your concern is but there are other retailers selling the D7000 for less than the MSRP, which indicates that Denon doesn't restrict the price and it all depends on the dealers.
Quote:
Well whatever the reason I'm not sure Denon would approve, it doesn't sound all that legit. For one it brings down the price of the Denon's but for the same reason makes them affordable for more people...

Do they offer all headphones open-box or just the Denon line?

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #5,031 of 7,462
Denon has minimum-advertised-price agreements with retailers, which is a pretty common practice.  I've had to add the D7000 to my cart on Amazon to see their price when they've had good deals for example...  EE is almost certainly just unsealing new ones so that they can safely *advertise* a price that is below Denon's minimum.

Drew

Quote:
I'm not sure what your concern is but there are other retailers selling the D7000 for less than the MSRP, which indicates that Denon doesn't restrict the price and it all depends on the dealers.

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #5,032 of 7,462
Quote:

To sell below MSRP is normal, to sell a new item as open is new to me. I can't say I've seen Amazon do that, unless they've just sold out quicker.

Feb 18, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #5,033 of 7,462

Quote:
To sell below MSRP is normal, to sell a new item as open is new to me. I can't say I've seen Amazon do that, unless they've just sold out quicker.

There are plenty of audio companies that do it in order to sell more products.

For example, Definitive Technology speakers are sold through retail stores at MSRP only, but you can order "reburbished" speakers from a certain eBay seller for almost 1/2 price. When you buy from this seller, the speakers come packaged like new in the box from Directed Electronics in San Diego - the holding company that owns Def Tech. The eBay seller also stocks a full range of parts and accessories, which are NIB.

You do trade the 2 year warranty for a 90 day warranty though...

Feb 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #5,034 of 7,462

Quote:

Amazon certainly wouldn't do that, it's business practice difference. EE sold the same D7000 on Amazon, which is where I bought mine. It wasn't through EE's website.

Feb 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #5,035 of 7,462

Quote:
Amazon certainly wouldn't do that, it's business practice difference. EE sold the same D7000 on Amazon, which is where I bought mine. It wasn't through EE's website.

You do know that not all items appearing on Amazon are sold by Amazon?  There are many sellers there with sketchy business practices, most of whom are not AD's, selling at lower than MSRP and MAP all of the time.

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #5,037 of 7,462
I do know that, perhaps my previous post wasn't clear. I bought from Electronic Expo through Amazon, not from amazon. There might be sellers who have sketchy business practices, but Electro Expo certainly is not one of them, as I have bought from them in the past, and it's not just the Denon.

Quote:
You do know that not all items appearing on Amazon are sold by Amazon?  There are many sellers there with sketchy business practices, most of whom are not AD's, selling at lower than MSRP and MAP all of the time.

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #5,039 of 7,462
If I remember correctly, Electronics Expo is how I got my (sold) pair of D7000s, and they weren't the slightest bit sketchy.  I have heard complaints about them from other Head-Fi'ers, but mine arrived in perfect condition.

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #5,040 of 7,462
Same here. I got my 5000s and 7000s form Electronics expo and I had no problems with them. Both headphones were brand new in the boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back