Denon AH-D7000
Jan 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #4,936 of 7,464

Quote:
Some say it's a great combo.

One amp I use is the original Icon which came out first. It only has a mini plug which is one reason I if had to do it again I would get the HDP, but they didn't offer the HDP when I purchased. The mini plug gets to be a pain as an adapter has to be used with the Denons. Sounds great though. For the price the original Icon is still a total value.

http://www.nuforce.com/hp/products/icon/index.php

There are probably way more members with the HDP as it became quite the phenomena around here a year ago. I am scheduled to try a Burson HA160DS. I have a feeling the Burson may beat the HDP. It should as it's four times the price of the original Icon and two times the price of the HDP.

Jan 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #4,937 of 7,464

Quote:
 I am scheduled to try a Burson HA160DS. I have a feeling the Burson may beat the HDP. It should as it's four times the price of the original Icon and two times the price of the HDP.

Burson HA160D will be my choice, if my wallet approves on it .

Jan 29, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #4,938 of 7,464

Quote:

Burson HA160D will be my choice, if my wallet approves on it .

Yes, the volume knob seems to change so much of the sound between the D and DS. The D having a little more omph to it. I have not heard either as of yet.

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #4,941 of 7,464

Quote:
My D7000's are scheduled to arrive tomorrow! I also have an Objective2 and Violectric V90 amp on the way. IMO, zero [size=12.0pt]Ω[/size]
(or close to it) output impedance is a must for such a low impedance headphone.

Congrats!
beerchug.gif

Owner, Denon AH-D7000 Zeus Quad22 OCC Copper 4x22 AWG - XLR (Balanced w/matching adapter) 

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #4,942 of 7,464
Hi guys, I have a qustion. Do you think, it's a good idea to buy the extended warranty from the dealer for my D7000. How reliable are they in the long run? I am going to use the at home only with the great care.

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #4,943 of 7,464
I don't see it being necessary. If you're just going to use them at home, you should be fine. How much is the extended warranty? How many years does it cover, and what kind of damages? Usually the extended warranties are a ripoff (from Best Buy and the like).

Does anyone else think that with a $1000 headphone you should get much more than 1 year? I'd expect a high quality lifetime warranty, especially if I'm paying so much extra cash to go with an official reseller.

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #4,944 of 7,464
I never get an extended warranty, ever. Chances of a product failing after the warranty expires are slim and even if they do fail, money saved by not paying for extended warranties will most likely cover the repair cost/new purchase cost.
It's just like never taking insurance at a BJ table. Statistically proven, you will lose more money taking every insurance than never taking one.

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #4,946 of 7,464
 The warranty covers 2 years and it's $80. Covers everything, but physical damage. I know, the first year is covered by Denon themself. I guess, you guys are right, what can happen to them after 1 year of carefull usage.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #4,947 of 7,464

Quote:
 The warranty covers 2 years and it's $80. Covers everything, but physical damage. I know, the first year is covered by Denon themself. I guess, you guys are right, what can happen to them after 1 year of carefull usage.

Nothing is going to happen to them that would be covered under that warranty, honestly, and thats a lot of cash.

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #4,948 of 7,464
only two things I take out warranties for

1.) TV...with the dead pixels fiasco although I may not do it on my next purchase
2.) a car (at least one I don't plan on modifying).  The ones I do I don't bother because it'd void it anyways.

Any other electronics forget it...the market evolves so quickly that if something broke it's my excuse to go buy a new one.  As for the headphone I've had them over a year so far and no issues.  Just be gentle with them and you'll be fine!

Feb 1, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #4,949 of 7,464

Quote:
Hi guys, I have a question. Do you think, it's a good idea to buy the extended warranty from the dealer for my D7000. How reliable are they in the long run? I am going to use the at home only with the great care.

Usually if something electronic is going to fail, it will do so right out of the box. I don't buy extended warranties for electronics. Headphone cables or connectors will break but that is generally under excessive use such as a radio DJ where you are putting them on/taking them off every 5 or 10 minutes.

Feb 3, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #4,950 of 7,464
I think it would be pretty hard to "wear out" a D7000 in the second year.... if it doesn't have some kind of early failure in the first year, it'll probably last for decades.  And the warranty wouldn't cover damage caused by some amplifier's output transistors shorting out and putting 36 volts DC across the D7000....or by somebody driving the D7000 directly from a Krell monoblock near clipping....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back