Denon AH-D7000
Aug 14, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #4,666 of 7,457
Yeah, it does look like a nice case, but seriously, the top half has no padding... just bare plastic?
Guess I'd have to find me some thin foam, or something... what do you use?

Aug 15, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #4,668 of 7,457

"But other times I find myself wanting a more laid-back sound, less forward in the treble"  Quote:

i think in this exceptional case, he wants a less energetic sound, ....i wont go with a hybrid.
popcorn.gif

The amp Little Dot recommends for low impedance cans like the D7000 is the Little Dot1 Hybrid they do not recommend the MK11 or 111 or event their 5. I just had a conversation with David ZHeZhe and he said the Mk1 hybrid is best for the D7000. If the Burson is good enough I doubt that you will be happy with the Little Dot tube amps

Aug 15, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #4,669 of 7,457
on a side note;

my PB1 has switches for both low gain and high impedance; I've had it on high b/c of previous headphones, (dt-880 600ohms, although vol has to be maxed for it)

I noticed when I switch it to low gain, the 'hot' treble has subsided, although to get my d7000's to a 'loud' volume i have to turn it up to max (low gain). On the high gain there is that treble hotness, but it only needs to be turned up half, about 12 oclock, for the same volume as max in the low gain.

I'm keeping it on high gain, i'm not sure if these have been fully burned in but overall the sound across the board is better than that on low. Maybe in a few more 10's of hours the treble will calm down.

on a seperate side note, the bass on these things literally make the drivers go BOOM. I've been seeing some people be concerned with a rattling in the bass, but i'm talking about the headphones physically bumping back and forth if turned up loud enough, enough to feel from the outer enclosure if you put your finger on it. I only turn it up this loud for a few seconds at a time, but will that damage the drivers?

Aug 16, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #4,674 of 7,457

Quote:
AHHH. Ordered my D7000 a couple days ago, they arrived today:

NO HEADPHONES IN THE DENON CASE!

I ordered from J&R. Called them right away and they are looking into it.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I really can't believe it. The package wasn't tampered (so it seemed to me) the duct tape that says "STOP" if seal is broken..was not broken...all seemed great until I opened the plastic part that surronds the case and then opened the case. NO HEADPHONES. I panicked. I called. They said they are looking into it with security. I'm worried they were never put in the box from the manufacturer, then what? Am I out my dough? I'll be crushed if that happens...Anyway..any words of encouragment are appriciated. 

Your credit card protection will help you on this.  My AX card actually refunded me a purchase that is broken during shipping that both seller and shipping company (USPS) does not cover it.

EDIT, I'm sure J&R will take care of it.  They are great vendor, I have ordered from them many times.

Aug 16, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #4,676 of 7,457
I'll give you $200 in amazon gift cards
tongue.gif

Aug 16, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #4,678 of 7,457

Quote:
   Quote:

UPDATE: Thank goodness...thanks for the kind words too, John..

J&R is sending me a prepaid return label for the box, apparantly there was a mix up and they knew they sent me a box with no headphones, but they dont have any in stock currently, so they will send me out a new pair once they do. Wow..the last three hours my heart has been beating...

I see.  They had no headphones in stock so they sent you a box instead?  Ok I buy it.

Aug 16, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #4,679 of 7,457

Quote:
I see.  They had no headphones in stock so they sent you a box instead?  Ok I bye it.

you mean "buy" it.

This reminds me of when people all went crazy and bought out the initial stock of PS3's.  People were selling the "PS3 box" on ebay and well that's all you got...an empty box with no PS3.  :p

Aug 16, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #4,680 of 7,457
It's simple: your Denons have ascended to a higher plane of existence.  It's not that they're not in the box, you just can't interact with their greatness.  Are you sure you didn't make the order with a $500 ethernet cable attached to your computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back