Denon AH-D7000 amp registry
Mar 31, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #77 of 85
Just put in an order for a Matrix "m-stage" amp. I'll come back with a sort of review when I recieve it, and judge it versus Head-Directs EF 1 which I currently use. 

Hoping for a wee less boomy and extreme bass, but we'll see. 

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #78 of 85
I have LDI+ which provides high current to low impedance phones.  I'm considering Burson 160, but not sure how much I will get out of over x3 the cost.

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #80 of 85
Sorry to revive an older thread again but it seemed to be the best place to post, rather than opening up another new thread asking about amp choices.

anyway, on to the point. I am currently looking for an amp for my Denons, as I am currently running them through an old NAD 3020i stereo amp. I've been looking into tubes and was wondering whether anyone had tried them with a Schiit Valhalla? I've heard great things about the Woo audio tube amps aswell, but being in the UK it'll cost a lot on shipping and custom charges... 

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #81 of 85
Sorry to revive an older thread again but it seemed to be the best place to post, rather than opening up another new thread asking about amp choices.

anyway, on to the point. I am currently looking for an amp for my Denons, as I am currently running them through an old NAD 3020i stereo amp. I've been looking into tubes and was wondering whether anyone had tried them with a Schiit Valhalla? I've heard great things about the Woo audio tube amps aswell, but being in the UK it'll cost a lot on shipping and custom charges... 

No go with the Valhalla, Schiit doesn't recommend it due to the D7000s being such sensitive cans, 25ohms, and it having a 32ohm min.

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #83 of 85
I'm actually looking for a DAC/amp right now. Anyone know of a good one for about $200 or so?

Maybe the Icon uDAC-2? I'm chatting with an enthusiast friend and he owns it and recommends it for the D5000/7000. Only $129.

http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-uDAC-2-Silver-Headphone-24bit/dp/tags-on-product/B003Y5LY1C

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #84 of 85
Maybe the Icon uDAC-2? I'm chatting with an enthusiast friend and he owns it and recommends it for the D5000/7000. Only $129.
http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-uDAC-2-Silver-Headphone-24bit/dp/tags-on-product/B003Y5LY1C

Damn, that sucker is tiny. :blink:

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #85 of 85
I'm using a Cambridge DacMacic Plus. It's got both a good DAC with asynchronous USB input, and a VERY decent headphone amp, price considered. As an all-in-one device I think it's an excellent match for the D7000s, and a good place to start. It's not too expensive and not too big. It also works as a preamp, and can easily be paired with powered speakers or a power amp. Great for a desktop setup, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back