Denon AH-D7000 amp registry
Feb 1, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #61 of 85
Since I assume the EF2 is similiar to the EF1 it would sound the same as how the person described it earlier in the thread? If not, can someone who heard the D7000 with the ef2 describe how well it was driven?

Apr 5, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #64 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by duckling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my D7000 yesterday, currently using the it with Asus Xonar Essence STX!

And what about the SQ. I would get my Essence ST and D7000 tomorrow

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #65 of 85
GS Solo SRG1 for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #67 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GS Solo SRG1 for me
smily_headphones1.gif

The D7000 bass is perfect with SRG1, maybe to much bass with SRG2?

Anyway the HD650 could benefit from a SRG2 maybe....then it comes to bass

Apr 9, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #68 of 85
Just got a Rudistor NX-02 last night. Haven't had a chance to spend much time with it and the D7000's but from what I've heard so far the combination is a winner! Though I will note that I haven't heard many headphone amps.

Apr 9, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #69 of 85
My value choices would be:

1. X-CANv8 / v8P
2. Maybe the EF1 - 5
3. Maybe the Millett MiniMax
4. And... the MAD EAR+ HD

These are all relative low cost amps, and they're great with low impedance phones. The v8 is especially great with Denons - total control and clarity!

Though, at a bit more, I'd be tempted to go for the MAD EAR+ HD - because its readily available, has great support, and is great with low impedance phones, as well as Senns. And it's not terribly pricey. And... absolutely everyone that's had one... raves about it - there are no detractors!

But... if you've got "the big bucks," I'm sure there are other amps that match them well also.

Apr 10, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #70 of 85
Elekit TU-882. So far this is the only amp I have owned/heard paired with the D7000's, but it seems to be a very nice combination. I may pick up a good, powerful solid state amp some day to hear how that will match up. At times I do wish the Elekit had a bit more slam, but you can't expect too much of that from a tube amp.

Aug 28, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #72 of 85
My vote goes to the 275.00 Matrix M Stage an amp that competes with the best and IMO wins more than loses. It drive the D7000 and get the best out of them. I prefer that amp over my Decware CSP-2 with the Denons. The Beyers are better with the tube amp.

Mar 29, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #73 of 85
As a long'ish time EF-1 / 7000-user I'm very curious about what you guys think would be the next "good" upgrade. The setup is currently connected to a Cambridge DacMagic via spdif to my computer, running FLAC Lossless. I'm currently using the recommended "best" mullard tube that was featured in the great tuberolling-thread. 

I really like the EF-1 / 7000-combo. It's pretty damn detailed and liquid, with a good bass response and great mids and higsh, but I suspect / feel the amp struggles somewhat with the 7000s powercrave. Now and then I catch myself thinking the phones could really use some more power and control. 

So ... what should I aim for as an upgrade? I kinda want an SS-amp because I actually use the phones not only for music, but also for gaming / situations where I have to mix music and voices etc, and somehow feel I can't really justify burning tubes on that kind of use. 

Mar 29, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #74 of 85
Using 7000 with  Lehmann Black Cube and very happy.

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #75 of 85
I'm seriously pondering the Matrix M-stage (seeing as it's "pretty close" to the Lehmann Black Cube). 

Anyone tried the 7000s with the Matrix, and can give us some info? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back