Denon AH-D7000 amp registry
Apr 30, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #31 of 85
Use mine with the Compass, they seem to work really well together.
Have also used it with the Xonar Essence STX, I prefer the compass but the Essence still does a great job.

May 1, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #33 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly the setup I would like to use!

I have the 7000's, and have been looking for someone who could give first-hand testimony about their sound through the STX.

I have heard that the STX can sound somewhat bass thin....I hope not, because I would love to get one.

I'd love to hear what you think!

Yes, this combo is not very bassy but I'm beginning to feel it more everyday...very controlled bass not bloated at all...I uses them around 6 - 7 hrs daily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlsan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use mine with the Compass, they seem to work really well together.
Have also used it with the Xonar Essence STX, I prefer the compass but the Essence still does a great job.

I'm also looking to getting a Compass but which OpAmp are you using (Earth / Sun / Moon)?

Actually Jaben's audition set sounded more bass straight out from my iPod Classic...& even more when hook-up with Graham Slee Novo.

May 1, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #34 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by duckling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also looking to getting a Compass but which OpAmp are you using (Earth / Sun / Moon)?

Default, Earth, I believe. I have the others but no time yet to experiment.

May 1, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #35 of 85
May 23, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #36 of 85
So I purchased the D7000 (still on back order of course), and I am torn between 3 to 4 different amps to purchase. I keep hearing really good things about the synergy between the D7000 and the C2C, Compass, EF1, and the X CAN V8. I want to probably purchase one of these, but my music being primarily dance/electronica/techno heavy, I was wondering what the absolute best between those would be to ensure I have the most punch in my bass (but still being acoustically accurate of course). Maybe there is another amp i havent heard of to meet my needs. Any thoughts? thanks

Also i will being using the Apogee Duet as a DAC

May 24, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #37 of 85
I would buy either a C2C or an EF1 if you have a nice DAC already. Rolling tubes is kinda fun imho - its an audible difference between major flavors of tubes. I have done some minor opamp rolling and think its a little less impact to the sound. Compass is a lesser amp than the C2C as it got a DAC and cheaper amp stuff in it - still very nice, but shouldnt be on your list with the others.

May 24, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #40 of 85
Currently using a Graham Slee Solo with PSU1
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #41 of 85
Using RSA Predator with the D7K !!
Not bad !!!

May 25, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #42 of 85
Mac>PS Audio Digital Link III>Rudistor NX-03

This is a fabulous amp with the D7000's if your flavour of music is sparingly recorded acoustic anything or electronic, but I felt it was a little laid back or relaxed with more energetic rock or heavily layered recordings, mostly due to a very slightly rolled off treble; it just needed to be a tiny little bit more dynamic and revealing, a little more separation of instruments, more sense of "thereness" and grip. So I've ordered a Rudistor RPX-33! I'll let you know in a week...

May 26, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #44 of 85
Would the Stello da100 DAC paired with a C2C be a good combination for the D7000s, using my Macbook Pro? Does the Stello da100 have an optical port? If not, how would I pair it to a Macbook pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back