Denon AH-D2000 in the house
Nov 1, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #782 of 933
The only "problem" (which isn't even really a problem) with these headphones is that, to me, it sounds as if the vocals are "quieter" than all the other headphones I've used. I don't know the proper terms for this though.

It doesn't really bother me, because the vocals are very smooth and enjoyable to listen to, albeit a bit quiet in parts. It makes the instruments (prog metal/rock) sound especially good, so it's actually kind of a plus when you look at it like that.

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #783 of 933
i burn my D5000 for 20 hours now..
it is much better now !..
i think it will be the same in D2000
the Mid and High is good.. and bass is tighter now..

i hope that the bass can be reduced after 200 hrs burn in

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #785 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey...those are my old D2000s! Glad you're enjoying them and they went to a good home.
wink.gif

They are too!

Yeah, I don't seem to have quite the same issues with the bass that you had. I really think they are a great match with my WA6 and Musiland DAC.

Nov 2, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #786 of 933
Just got mine in the mail.

plugged in straight into my soundcard, not bad beethoven didn't sound bad, put on some downtempo and not so good. Plugged em into my dn-x1500 dj mixer and
smily_headphones1.gif
. Playing so kruder & dorfmeister and these cans are doing it for me. I finally have an idea of soundstage, and the very good instrument seperation. The bass is also very good. I am easily noticing things that I had previously missed, although I've listened to this record many times.

I hate to say it, but these seem to have my hd-25's beat in almost every aspect. The 25's still got the whole portable/indestructible thing going for them.

Nov 2, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #787 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by arteom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to say it, but these seem to have my hd-25's beat in almost every aspect. The 25's still got the whole portable/indestructible thing going for them.

Are you using the stock cable with your HD 25? I've read that replacement of the steel stock cable is a must to make the HD 25 perform its best.

Nov 2, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #789 of 933
Ah, that's the cable that's hard to obtain in the US. I guess it makes sense for the Denon to beat the Sennheiser due to its full-size nature and the fact that it costs a good amount more, too.

How's the isolation of the Denon compared to the Sennheiser? Pretty bad?
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #790 of 933
I had no expectation when I first listened to the Denon AH-D2000 for the first time. But it was just immense. Yes. Denon has made a really perfect Hi-Fi headset with the D-2000, whatever that means? It is very correct, just perfect Hi-Fi. It will put the nail on the spike. Well, it will roll of somewhat minor in the top, and the bass is somewhat square (stiff, but never lifeless) if you compare it to some really high end set's. But, you can put the D-2000 into whatever you want, and it will deliver. Every genre. It is a really good all-rounder.

Nov 3, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #791 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How's the isolation of the Denon compared to the Sennheiser? Pretty bad?
tongue.gif

oh yes! isolation. the sennheisers definitely win in that department. but that really is not too big of an issue for me, well it can be, but thats why i have my sennis
icon10.gif

Btw, I am currently using my dj mixer to power these phones, do you guys think getting a desktop amp (i was thinking meier arietta) would be justified? here is the dj mixer im using: http://www.denondj.com/prodview_item.asp?pid=61&cid=3
spec on the headphone output: 0db (1v) 100ohms

they sound good out of the mixer, compared to my audigy 4 pro headphone jack. cant say ive heard any other hi end headphone, or any headphone for that matter out of dedicated amp.

Nov 5, 2007 at 12:12 PM Post #792 of 933
Hello All!

It's me, I'm back.

Several months ago I was visiting this wonderful website and was getting the goods on what you knowledgeable folks thought of the Bose CQ 2s I'd bought (as I know nothing about nothing). And of course you folks told me they weren't worth the money and that I should send them back. And so I did.

But now I'm again in the mood to spend some money on some quality headphones that won't break the bank and which will work well for my humble needs.

As before, I like listening to stuff off the computer; from YouTube to just conversations and whatnot. I also would use 'em for listening to music from my rather old but competant Panosonic CD player AND from my Bose Wave radio.

I can hear ya laughing at my rinkydink setup, but that's okay, I'm just a simple schmuck having my fun is all.

Sooo do yeah think these D2000s would be over-kill for my needs? And would I have to get an amp to make it all work just right?

I read a lot of posts about these headphones in this place and it sounds like these things are pretty well loved ... and so methinks I'd like to take the plung as well, though I'd love to hear your thoughts as they relate to my situation and the desire I have to hear some sweet sound.

Thanks Much in advance for your time and thoughts, if any!!:)

P.S. I found a place earlier on the Net that sells 'em for $287. I forget the name of the place at the moment but will post it (when I think of it) if you think you'd like to get in on the action at that price.:wink:

Nov 5, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #793 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by guynbluejeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P.S. I found a place earlier on the Net that sells 'em for $287. I forget the name of the place at the moment but will post it (when I think of it) if you think you'd like to get in on the action at that price.:wink:

I'm guessing that'll be AudioCubes ($259 + $28 shipping = $287)
That's the cheapest I've found them.

Nov 5, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #795 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadesbass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing that'll be AudioCubes ($259 + $28 shipping = $287)
That's the cheapest I've found them.

I discovered since I posted that AudioCubes is cheapest.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back