Denon AH D2000 Headphones Discontinued?
Jan 7, 2010 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

DJPixcell

Head-Fier
I think I may have found the reason for the low prices on the D2K's..

I have seen several websites offering them at low price, and most being sold out. Most say; "discontinued" or "unavailable from manufacturer"

Sites in theory;
Denon AH-D2000 High Performance Stereo Headphone - AHD2000 - Buy.com

Denon AH-D2000 Around-the-Ear Headphones in Corded Headphones at JR.com

Denon | AH-D2000 High-Performance Around-Ear Stereo | AH-D2000

Denon AH-D2000 : High Performance Over-Ear Headphones - AH-D2000

Denon AH-D2000 Around-Ear Stereo Headphones

while it is only about a couple there that say this as discontinued.. I am still worried.

Great headphones that I would like to purchase soon, but will they be available when I have the money?

Anyone have any official news if this actually is discontinued?

..it could quite possibly be that they are no longer shipping to canada, and/or they are just sold out because of the demand (low price = high buyers)

Jan 7, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 16
Perhaps it is due to the fact that (for the first four, at least) the Amazon.com deal is too low (at $199, shipped). Businesses often take things off of the shelves when there's a deal out there that they can't compete with, or would rather not price-match. Just an idea... I guess we can just wait and see if they re-appear.

Jan 7, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 16
There were similar concerns about the D2000 being discontinued about a year ago. Retailers were marking it as discontinued or out of stock and people here would get worried.

Might be just a cyclical thing. Might be a side-effect of how Denon does inventory management and decides when to do another run in the factory. Might be a lot of things. I doubt it is because they are actually discontinued.

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #5 of 16
There have been reports of the replacement headphones cropping up, though.  Likely, the new ones will be relatively similar in most ways.

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
There have been reports of the replacement headphones cropping up, though.  Likely, the new ones will be relatively similar in most ways.

If they are going to launch new versions, we dont have to worry much...
Probably they are just running out of stock.  

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #9 of 16
I just called Denon - guy said he hadn't heard that... all he knows is if its on the website they are not discontinued, and they are still on the website. But Magnolia was very clear.

Aug 26, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #11 of 16
Denon did just design a new headphone for their 100th anniversary series of products.  The special model is the AH-A100.  Perhaps Denon has taken the opportunity to also redo what is/was the D2000/D5000/D7000 headphones as well.  If they did and they also manage to fix the recessed midrange as well, I'll be very happy.

The headband design of the AH-A100 looks to be an improvement.  The yoke angles away from the metal ring that is around the cup so it won't go clicky clack like the current Denon headphones can do.

We'll have to see.

It could also be that Magnolia is just no longer planning on carrying the Denon headphones.  So they would be discontinued for them but not for everyone.

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #12 of 16
Well, IFA is in a couple of weeks, so maybe they'll release some news then...?

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #13 of 16

Quote:
I just called Denon - guy said he hadn't heard that... all he knows is if its on the website they are not discontinued, and they are still on the website. But Magnolia was very clear.

Well then maybe we have something to look forward too if that is the case. My 7000 are going nowhere

Aug 26, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #14 of 16

I have confirmed with Magnolia that the ahd2000, 5000, and 7000 are being discontinued from Denon. Sad news for sure.

The Magnolia near me said the same thing.  All gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back