Denon AH-D1100 vs Ultrasone pro 750
Nov 10, 2011 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

basketball

500+ Head-Fier
Which of the two headphones from the title would be best for Bass, techno, House, and Dance music?

I had the Senheiser IE8 but they broke, and new ones are too expensive. I was very happy with them. Do any of the headphones from the title sound something like the IE8's? better? worse?

Any other recomendations would be much appreciated!

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 5
Heya,

I would suggest the Panasonic HTF600. It does electronic music serious justice (and other music). Then there's the Ultrasone HFI 580.

If you're willing to spend on a PRO 750, by all means, get it. It is a great headphone for everything. And if that's the case, you could even look for a PRO 900 if you want something for just electronic music (though I'd just get the Panasonic honestly).

I would not get the D1100. I found it to be too goofy looking with how the headband stuck out at angles all weird like that. As for it's sound, it had good bass, great isolation, but the treble was pretty tin sounding and hot. Not a very organic sound, very hallow, metallic and harsh.

Very best,

Nov 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
MalVeauX said:

I would not get the D1100. I found it to be too goofy looking with how the headband stuck out at angles all weird like that. As for it's sound, it had good bass, great isolation, but the treble was pretty tin sounding and hot. Not a very organic sound, very hallow, metallic and harsh.

I actually find the d1100 very good for trance, dance with vocals, and occasionally some metal.  I was listening to  some Belgian dance music the other night ( Milk Inc., Sylver ) and I found it more enjoyable listening to that type of music with the D1100 than my LCD2s.   Now, I know this phone is not good for all types of music but for euro dance bass fan like me I find it very suitable.  I even tried using them while listening to Within Temptation ( similar to Evanescence) and it sounded very acceptable.
I didn't find the treble to be harsh or hot, but the vocals do take a backseat to the bass heavy music, but the vocals are not as recessed as on the Sony XB500s.  I found the hfi780s to be much harsher, but I don't know about the 750's..
And yes, the d1100 do look odd on my head but they are very light and comfortable.  I guess as long as you're not listening in front of strangers on a bus the looks shouldn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back