Denon AH-D1100 vs Bose AE2
Nov 5, 2010 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

yanathin

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody, I'm new here and wanted to get your opinion on what you think of these two pairs of headphones (or if you could recommend something that's better in a similar price range). I'm looking for something that's NOT noise canceling and packs a good amount of bass for around $150 - $200. I've read very few but very good things about the Denon AH-1100's, and I'd love to get some more feedback on those headphones before I can make my decision. They're too new to have any reviews. Same goes for the Bose AE2 headphones. I haven't found a single review on these. I tried them out in the Bose store today, but I was very, very disappointed with the amount of bass it put out. I also tried the Dr. Dre Beats Studio headphones. I liked how powerful the bass was (maybe a little TOO powerful), but they felt like toys and were definitely not worth the price tag, plus the sound leakage was TERRIBLE. The noise canceling feature in any set really badly affects me and gives me a throbbing headache, so those are out of the picture. I'm definitely leaning towards purchasing the AH-D1100's since the 2000's got amazing reviews and raved on about the bass produced, so I'm hoping the 1100's are almost as good. I basically want to have somebody confirm that they are in fact better than the Bose AE2 headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back