****Denon AH-D1100 Review**** - The M50 killer?
Aug 21, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #31 of 54
Does anybody think that the lower priced Creative Aurvana Live or JVC HA M750 would compete with the Denon AH D1100 in terms of bass impact.  Which headphone is quicker, cleaner sounding and which would work better with Trance and techno or electronica in general?

Sep 2, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #32 of 54
From what I remember, the D1100s got very uncomfortable and hot on my right ear after a while, maybe 30 - 60 minutes of listening.  I had to have these cranked for a listen, yet at the same time everything just shot to my ears too much at once and all that the same time.  The D1001s did not give me this problem at all and I found them more comfortable and, of course, lighter.  However I think that it is probably more of a case that maybe Denon beefed these up more than I would have thought and I should have invested in a USB DAC for my computer rather than just use my line out of portable cd player, onboard pc audio, and JSLabs Cmoy amp.  After returning these, I got the Beyerdynamics dt 990s and I thought they were kind of boring to listen to.  Just nothing really grabbed my attention about the sound signature at all to lean on, sorry to all that disagree.  So I ended up getting some Ultrasone HFI-15gs which were not only a lot less money, but a nice surprise in performance and comfort as well.  Really I doubt that one can find a more comfortable pair. They leak a LOT though, and really need an amp bad.  They have a nice silky smooth sound after break-in.  Napilopez:  Thanks for the comments and discussion.  I am getting this Nuforce Icon uDac2  and am gonna grab some Samson's while I am at it.  Ha.  (SR850)

Nov 13, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #33 of 54

Quote:
I have had them for a couple of months , prefer them to my M50s, the  bass tightens up a bit with a few hrs on them.
The soundstage and air these have for a closed can is very impressive , they are very light and although the headband is a little 'weird' , i wear them out all the time.
They are basically the AH-A100 without the wood.

which is better for fps gaming m50 or d1100, which is more accurate and which has a bigger soundstage 
I feel like the d1100 will have an exaggerated soundstage

Nov 13, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #34 of 54
wait crap are these headphones sibilant? more than the M50's? I hope not cause I love the M50's because I can blast them as loud as I want as opposed to my more sibilant HD25's, the MS400 wasn't sibilant, but the forward mids would limit the volume a little more than the M50's 

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #35 of 54
The D1100s are sibilant for the first few hours or so, but that goes away fast.  If you want them to be better for gaming, I have posted a thread describing how to bring down the bass to acceptable levels.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/580669/denon-ah-d1100-modding

Quote:
wait crap are these headphones sibilant? more than the M50's? I hope not cause I love the M50's because I can blast them as loud as I want as opposed to my more sibilant HD25's, the MS400 wasn't sibilant, but the forward mids would limit the volume a little more than the M50's 

Dec 17, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #39 of 54
I have these can's and love them, the problem is that:
1) They are heavier then my CAL's
2) They don't sound a magnitude better then my CAL's

Therefore my CAL's get used much, much more and I adore them. The D1100's are great but not for their price.

May 18, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #41 of 54
The Denon D1100 are really underrated in my opinion. They have amazing bass response, extends low and punchy without over emphasised. Their mids are warm and highs are clear. The build quality is actually better than a lot of people says. I've used them for over a year now with heavy usage, and they have held together very well with only slight signs of wear.

Their soundstage as said before is just amazing. Great depth and sense of space. They are not uncomfortable at all, in fact I find them more comfortable than the M50 or DT770. For around £100 they are a no brainer. They suit bass heavy music and film soundtracks brilliantly, and soundstage only can be matched by its bigger and discontinued brothers D2000, D5000 D7000.

May 20, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #42 of 54
Thumbs down for the D1100s. Had them for a few months but it was clear early on that they were no real match for the M50s on a number of fronts. The bass is heavy and loose, mids lack masses of detail and the highs are just 'ok'. Wouldn't even really describe them as a bargain, just a good to average headphone for the money. The M50s are not quite as comfortable but in terms of sound reproduction they are more neutral, have better detailing in the mids and much more natural presentation in the highs.

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #43 of 54
Hello guys!
I found the Denon AH-D1100 approximately € 70. The recommended?
I own the CAL also ... what is the difference between the two? They only lower than the CAL or what?
I also have the JVC S500 and FiiO e10.
thanks

Nov 27, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #44 of 54
Help me!!! 
frown.gif

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #45 of 54
  Help me!!! 
frown.gif

What I recommend you do is have a ponder in our discovery thread were some of the members are enjoying the $100 USD Yamaha HPH-200 and read some impressions.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-yamaha-hph-200-pg-1110-kef-m200-pg835-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724/16995
Far as I can tell this thread is basically in 'zombie mode' which is not a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back