Denon ah-d1100? recable?
Aug 15, 2011 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ejhollyer

New Head-Fier
hey head-fi,
it's been a minute and my mind won't leave me alone about getting a new pair of cans. i have the denon 1001ks and love them dearly, but as i've stumbled upon the 1100s i have been very curious. i listen to R&B and hip hop mostly, so the extra bass may not bother me and may actually be a nice upgrade (though i never have felt "deprived" with my 1001s) but i will not trade it for reduced mids. so my question is, should i give them a go? and if i do has anyone tried a recable to see its effects on bring up the mids and cleaning the lows, as recabling does with some cans?
thanks.

Aug 16, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 4
I think they will suit your musical preferences.

The recessed mids are more noticeable on certain tracks than others. You'll probably be fine.

Feb 29, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 4
I don't know if you are still curios as this thread is really old, but i just did a recable on my d1100's, (using mogami 2534) and it brought the mids right to the front. overall now everything sounds MUCH more balanced and full and clean. The bass was already kickin but i think it tightened up a bit. I am quite pleased!!

Feb 29, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 4
i meant to post to update, i also did a recable with a mogami (the 2893, however) and am also extremely pleased. I can't lie, out of the box the 1100s let me down. that bass was incredibly bloaty, but the recable balances the sound perfectly and now the bass doesn't give me a headache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back