Denon AH-D1100 or Audio Technica ATH-AD700
Apr 18, 2011 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kage

Head-Fier
I'm having a hard time to decide on which headphone to buy. The headphones are the Denon AH-D1100 and Audio Technica ATH-AD700. These headphones will be powered by my Pioneer VSX-1120 receiver. I have no plans to do any mods on the headphones or no plans to use a headphone amp.

About 70% of the time I will be using it while watching blu-ray movies, and 30% of the time I'll be using them with my Xbox 360 and listening to lossless music on cd. The types of music I listen to are Classic Rock, Smooth Jazz, and Acoustic Music. I want these qualities in the headphones:
  • Must be comfortable on the head while wearing glasses.
  • I want good bass, but not overpowering that is found in Dr. Dre Beats headphones.
  • Good soundstage in either closed headphones or open headphones.
  • Build quality must be good.

I will be buying the headphones this week. Between the Denon and the Audio Technica, which one do you guys recommend?

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #3 of 7
with blu ray movies being your main use, i'd say the Denon's as well.. I've never heard them but based on the thoughts on this board and the fact that while the AD 700s(which i do own) do have quality bass the quantity is lacking. I'm sure for blu ray listening if most of your Blurays have decent LFE then the Denon is probably the better option.

Apr 22, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #5 of 7
I recently received the Denon AH-D1100 and I don't like them. The bass on them is kind of strong for my taste and the right ear cup has lower volume than the left ear cup.

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #6 of 7

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
I recently received the Denon AH-D1100 and I don't like them. The bass on them is kind of strong for my taste and the right ear cup has lower volume than the left ear cup.

Where did you purchase them from? Have you tried a different source to make sure it's the headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back