Denon AH-D1001?
Jul 9, 2010 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Bostock73

New Head-Fier
Hi guys.
Are these headphones fully over-ear? Like... they cover the whole pinna?

Also, how do they stack up against the Bose Triport over-ears?

Thank you.

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #2 of 11
i have pretty large ears and they cover my whole ear.

also look into the Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones. They are pretty much identical to the Denon at a fraction of the cost.

I never heard Bose but I guess people will let you know about their shortcomings very quickly
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #4 of 11
I have the CAL, which I bought from Newegg.com fro $60.  It sounds good and I thought it was a bargain.  It sounds as good as the M50 to my untrained ears, when not immediately switching between the two.  I don’t know how true it’s supposed to be to the D1001.

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #5 of 11
I have the CAL! and the M50. The latter is better,  when immediately switching between the two.
CAL! has a "warm" sound and M50 is more "forward and direct". I like both :)
I compared CAL! to my coworkers D1001. D1001 has bigger and better pads. Otherwise I found them to perform equally good.

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #6 of 11
I have both the Denon D1001 and the M50. To me the M50 sounds a bit better and the isolation is better. However the Denon is lighter, smaller and more comfortable. If I had to choose one for commuting I would pick the Denon because of the size and comfort. In a noisy environment the sound quality difference between the two don't make much of a difference to me.

Jul 9, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
I have the CAL! and the M50. The latter is better,  when immediately switching between the two.
CAL! has a "warm" sound and M50 is more "forward and direct". I like both :)
I compared CAL! to my coworkers D1001. D1001 has bigger and better pads. Otherwise I found them to perform equally good.

That's good to hear..makes me feel better about getting the CAL.  

OP, I got it from here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158054&Tpk=creative%20aurvana%20live

If the consensus is that the CAL is just as good as the Denon's, perhaps go for the CAL if you don't care about brand name and can sacrifice a little comfort.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #9 of 11
Hi guys I'm sorry to bump this but i figured its probably better than starting a new thread.

I've spent the past few hours looking for places that carry the Denon AH-d1001's. It seems like everywhere I look they are out of stock :frowning2: 
Do you guys know of anyway I can get my hands on these cans? Is anyone selling?

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #10 of 11
Yeah, get Creative Aurvana Lives, they have the same driver except that Aurvana has a little bit more bass than D1001, here's someone who compared the two of them with pic http://www.headphiles.org/index.php/topic,1028

Oct 24, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #11 of 11
Hi!

My CAL! have been modded adding fiberloft sheet to the cup, but cable is stock. Sound is fine, V-shaped, but I listen at low volume anyway.
They are circumaural for me, but touching softly the outer perimeter of my earlobes.

Sorry I have no experience with the Triport.

Cheers, Moonwalker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back