Denon AH-D1001...OMG
Aug 30, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #77 of 140
I'd say just slightly. Recable remedies that. Good amp even more so. Then again, it could just be the bass is more prominent thus overshadowing the mids slightly. One of those glass half full/empty kind of things haha.

Aug 30, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #79 of 140
Lol wow a little impulsive.

Recessed mids are mid frequency sounds that are, for lack of a better term, quieter than the rest of the range (high and low). So if you were to look at a frequency response graph, the line would look like a U (not an actualy U though that would be severe).

Aug 30, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #80 of 140
Yeah. Recessed mids is where the vocals (or whatever is the middle) are slightly behind or overshadowed the rest of the music.

My new DT880's have a slightly recessed midrange which I find quite annoying.

Aug 30, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #81 of 140
I'm listening to some blue scholars on my D1001k's right now and really the mids (vocals at least) aren't recessed much at all, if any.

The song is southside revival, and i'm not really feeling the bass overwhelming the mids nor the highs overly forward or bright overshadowing the mids.

I'm using a fiio too haha. I had to send my 2move back for a sec because one of the screws/holes was faulty, so i'm just waiting till it returns fixed. ANYWAY, either after burnin recessed mids are nearly eliminated or maybe it's the recable job i did. Either way it isn't a problem.

Aug 31, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #82 of 140
Ah OK. No, I don't think these have recessed vocals. They do female vocals very well. I think JMCIII agrees too, albeit a little less enthusiastically.

Yea, impulsive. Heh...

Also, the Fiio doesn't seem to do anything for my 1001s. Hmm...

Aug 31, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #83 of 140
Yeah it does. Volume boost and bass boost lol. Not that it needs a bass boost but i was listening to some hiphop so i wanted a lil more.

Aug 31, 2008 at 12:29 PM Post #85 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... Do the D1001's have a recessed midrange? That is one thing I can't stand.

Yes and no. Comforting that huh?

Yes since their bass is so strong (though deep, clean and clear) that it can tend to overpower the mids somewhat.

No in that the mids are very well reproduced.

The D1001s biggest fault is its lack of dynamic range. But for pop/rock they sound great.

Aug 31, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #86 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah OK. No, I don't think these have recessed vocals. They do female vocals very well. I think JMCIII agrees too, albeit a little less enthusiastically.

100% correct.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Also, the Fiio doesn't seem to do anything for my 1001s. Hmm...

You need an amp with (pardon this expression) balls. A good, powerful amp grabs hold of the bass and tightens it up with adding what sounds like an extra half octave to the depth. My Headroom Portable Micro Amp w/DAC does a great job. On rock/pop I love the combo.

Aug 31, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #88 of 140
Just see for yourself, don't be dependent on other people's opinions. I'm sure you have a money back grace period anyway if you don't like it. I personally love it with all of my cans, however you may hate it. Everyone's ears are diff!

Aug 31, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #89 of 140
Quote:

So my 2Move should do the trick?

It sure does so with my iPhone > Move (same hardware) > SE530
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back