Denon AH-D1001...OMG
Sep 4, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #121 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe I'm becoming a burn-in believer... Still agnostic about whether it's "psychological" or "physical" though.

Compare reading of a brand new book, and after some time - the same book read 10 times. Does the book open identically?

Sep 4, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #122 of 140
No, but analogical arguments are dodgy. They're not necessarily invalid, but there's no relationship of entailment. It's not the case that "If p, then q for X; therefore if p, then q for Y which resembles X in some way." This is one of the problems with arguments to design in nature. "If watches have specialized functions, then they have designers; therefore if natural physical systems have specialized functions, then they have designers too." Maybe, but there's no formally logical relationship.

Sep 4, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #123 of 140
Heh, a logician... or philosopher... nice. Whether or not that's intrinsically true is subject to debate, but I understand where you're coming from.

It's certainly not the same thing to compare headphones to books. However the argument is quite sound. Headphones use drivers not unlike speaker drivers - the physical arrangement of material in the driver definitely changes with age, even to the point where it may be deteriorating. It's flexing, connected to a mount of some sort. Unless headphones exhibit some kind of perpetual equilibrium, that driver is going to change over time, invariably affecting the sound output.

Sep 5, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #126 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah? Just wait till you try the D2000s/D5000s.

Sorry, I'm missing something. To what statement are you responding "Oh yeah?" What will the D2000s/5000s show me?

Sep 5, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #127 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, much better spronkey. That makes sense.

Not a logician and not quite a philosopher quite yet. In three years, maybe.

Hahaha you are not working on computer science PhD by any chance
L3000.gif

Cheers,
AP

Sep 8, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #130 of 140
hi

i am a super noob here

i wanted to purchase a minimum budget(<$100 to be precise) closed can with better comfort on ears(also acceptable SQ for casual listening) for my iPod 5G

after reading various arguments about the pros and cons of Denon A-HD100K i ordered it last week(in Buy.com on 3rd Sept) and expecting it to be delivered by tomorrow

Thanks everyone for giving detailed opinion/Suggestions on these cans

Hoping to have a good experience with my first ever closed cans

Baali

Sep 8, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #131 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndskyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Burn in is real.Just ask any AKG K701 owner.Or Ultrasone 780 or 750 owner. It's a PITA to me now. 300 Hours for my 701's and 250ish for my Proline 750's And now another 100 or so for the D1001's..

Very much so.

Sep 8, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #132 of 140
i just got my d1001's today. They sound great out of box (i've only ever heard bose triport around-ear as far as cans go). I hope to try to burn them in by playing them all night while sleeping for the next couple weeks while also using them a lot during the day. Also, I plan to write a comparison between these, the hd-555's, and the bose.

Hopefully my fiio gets here soon!

Sep 8, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #134 of 140
did you like it out of the box, mebaali?

you can get pink noise generators or files over the Net. Just google it, or go to the dedicated burn-in subforums, and you'll find quite a few links. most people are ambivalent over the pink noise v. music issue. I think the win-win solution is to just start listening to your D1001s out of the box, and leave them burning in with pink noise at night when you sleep.

thanwunguy, the Fiios don't improve the D1001s. It's just a volume and bass boost. The bass doesn't get better, just more. Someone seemed to disagree with me on this, but I think we ended up on the same page. If you think more is better, then the Fiio works well. Even my 2Moves don't make a huge difference. Verdict? The D1001s don't need amping.

Sep 8, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #135 of 140
well I like mine out of the box. They aren't as clear as my sf5p but those are much more expensive and in-ear. So far, they are great cans.

I plan to burn them in at night, i still haven't decided whether to use the pink noise or use my itunes songs which span the from super low to super high.

As for the fiio, i like bass quite a lot and so far the bass from the 1001 seem great, but for $8, i want to have the option of more bass if i so desire. Also, i will be using the amp as sort of a general amp for any cans. I have 5 sources currently and its possible that the fiio may help some better than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back