Denon AH-C751 VS Yamaha EPH100
Oct 23, 2014 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Polar1

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of cable down IEM's in order to use with FiiO X3 and I am between Denon AH-C751 and Yamaha EPH100. The Denons have wider Frequency Range (12Hz - 24kHz) than the Yamahas (20 Hz – 20 kHz) and are about 60 euros more expensive, but I'm not sure if their higher price is reflected in their performance as well, especially as the Yamaha's have received lots of praising reviews since they first hit the market. Any opinions are welcome.

Thank you. 
smile.gif

Oct 23, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #2 of 5
wow, you can still get the C751?

ive yet to actually hear the yammy but given how its been spoken of in qualitative terms it should wipe the floor with the old denon.  the denon was a great one for hard punchy bass with crisp cold highs so is highly adept at electronic musical styles but...... 

the yammy is so much newer and so well spoken of it would surprise me if it wasnt the seizabley better of the two.

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 5
Yes, the C751 are still available, but still quite expensive too.

Would you say that the Yamaha's would be a waste for X3 in the sense that they would not be capable of fully utilizing its capabilities?

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 5
  Yes, the C751 are still available, but still quite expensive too.

Would you say that the Yamaha's would be a waste for X3 in the sense that they would not be capable of fully utilizing its capabilities?

noooooo not a waste.  granted you may get more out the yammys with a better dap but its good enough that you could use it pretty much for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back