Denon AH-7200
Jan 9, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #3,031 of 3,166
Yeah treble can be a bit hot but the overall resolution, quality of the sound is clearly better on th900. You also have an option of focal clear og, if you are also considering open back headphones.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm considering anything that could fit my description from last message :) It's going to be a kind of an experiment with warmer sound... I'll be also listening to Abyss Diana MR (considered as an upgrade for a main headphone).. That one is more kind of a resolution gear, but not bass heavy from what I read. So D7200 seems perfect for a first warmer headphone, especially with the bargains I see for a new unit. So most likely I might go that way :)

Jan 10, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #3,032 of 3,166
I talked to a guy from a Denon store today and he said cockily there has never been any driver change in D7200 and everybody is hallucinating or the older headphones just burned in over years... I think he might be misinformed :) Because this is the same thing as with perfumes - they tell you there were no reformulations but you clearly smell that the new batch is diluted and watered up, if you know what I mean with this comparison :)
Politicians also say the gas prices didn't change, but everybody knows they are just BSing you :)
But I don't know. Haven't heard the older version, I might also be wrong :)

Jan 10, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #3,033 of 3,166
I talked to a guy from a Denon store today and he said cockily there has never been any driver change in D7200 and everybody is hallucinating or the older headphones just burned in over years... I think he might be misinformed :) Because this is the same thing as with perfumes - they tell you there were no reformulations but you clearly smell that the new batch is diluted and watered up, if you know what I mean with this comparison :)
Politicians also say the gas prices didn't change, but everybody knows they are just BSing you :)
But I don't know. Haven't heard the older version, I might also be wrong :)

You will never get their admittance to this. As it was not officially announced they would not confirm this or know about it. I would not believe this either if I didnt find out about this myself and heard the difference. Its the same like asking some sale person if particular product, headphone in this case, is good. Of course they will say YES, they are very good if not the best.

Once I went to the audio store and tested D9200, the guy plugged it for me into some ordinary tablet run by battery and play some music for me. He asked me... "They are good right?". I looked at him and shake my head, told him: "Noo, they sound like crap!" Explained him its pointless to test it on such device, that he needs a proper source.

Just check the manufacturing date on the box or have it tested (on some good gear) if you can.

Jan 10, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #3,034 of 3,166
You will never get their admittance to this. As it was not officially announced they would not confirm this or know about it. I would not believe this either if I didnt find out about this myself and heard the difference. Its the same like asking some sale person if particular product, headphone in this case, is good. Of course they will say YES, they are very good if not the best.

Once I went to the audio store and tested D9200, the guy plugged it for me into some ordinary tablet run by battery and play some music for me. He asked me... "They are good right?". I looked at him and shake my head, told him: "Noo, they sound like crap!" Explained him its pointless to test it on such device, that he needs a proper source.

Just check the manufacturing date on the box or have it tested (on some good gear) if you can.
Bro are you sure that your new denons are not modded? Maybe the guy that you bought these from modded them

Jan 10, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #3,035 of 3,166
Bro are you sure that your new denons are not modded? Maybe the guy that you bought these from modded them
As you could read here before I am not the only one claiming this. Secondly, I purchased them new.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #3,037 of 3,166

My denon serial number is: AJB59200209312
How can i check the manufacture date?

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #3,038 of 3,166
My denon serial number is: AJB59200209312
How can i check the manufacture date?

There should be 2 numbers on the box: serial and manufacturing date right next to each other.
I have them on the box, back side.

Jan 31, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #3,041 of 3,166
My denon d7200 right side driver is not working fine. After 10min of usage it cuts off and then when i disconnect it from audio source, then after 10min it comes alive
I can only listen to music for 10min and then ill have to wait 10min by disconnecting it from audio source
can anyone let me know what causing this? Is this driver issue or something else?
Left side is completely fine
I have tried multiple cables, amps etc

Jan 31, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #3,042 of 3,166
My denon d7200 right side driver is not working fine. After 10min of usage it cuts off and then when i disconnect it from audio source, then after 10min it comes alive
I can only listen to music for 10min and then ill have to wait 10min by disconnecting it from audio source
can anyone let me know what causing this? Is this driver issue or something else?
Left side is completely fine
I have tried multiple cables, amps etc
Could be a wire or soldering joint inside the cup that came loose.

Jan 31, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #3,044 of 3,166
Why does it comes back after 10min?
Could be this driver issue?
Not sure, does the sound cut in and out if you shake it?

Could be. Only one way to figure it out. Open it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back