Denon AH-7200
Sep 19, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #1,216 of 3,156
Has anyone compared these to the Aeons?
they are very defferent animals ,,

Aeon have larger and more depth in sound stage , way more details , and imaging is very expensive
although it have a dip in the lower mids / upper bass ,,and recessed mids ..
if you like laid back sound , AEON is the way to go ,, i liked it but not as a primary headphone ..

7200 have fuller mids with a good bass and better contrast ,,
more musical experience and to me is way more enjoyable and have more balanced sound.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #1,221 of 3,156
Are you sure about that?
I did break ins on most of my headphones and I didn't find too much of a difference.
umh... ok, I'll rephrase in order to not make any fuss.
In my really very very very humble opinion, D7200 change quite a bit after 100h and still improve up to 200h.
Again IMRVVVHO, I have always found an improvement with burn-in in all my cans, sometimes very udible, sometimes more subtle.
Finally, again IMRVVVHO, this is not due to mental acquaintance since I frequently reset my brain with my reference (Utopia)

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #1,222 of 3,156
I use the Dekoni th900 pads mainly looking for longer listening session. The sound signature is slightly darker than original pads, but it does maintain the overall balance. Based on months of wearing, I'll recommend them to those that have spare cash.

Sep 20, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #1,223 of 3,156
break-in only works if you believe in it...
that really really depends on the headphone, as materials break down or settle or even change with time, even wood cups can change.

As for the Dennon, this unit has that flexible surround which, just the Eikon, needs to flex/ relax and break in.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #1,224 of 3,156
Sep 22, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #1,225 of 3,156
Does anyone have both these and the AH-MM400's? I just got my MM400's in the mail and I am loving them.
It sounds a bit similar to the Heos lineup with a "smooth and warm" sound, the pads are also so comfortable that its easy to wear for the whole day and not even sweat (which I can't say about my Panasonic RP-HD10's).

Sep 23, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #1,228 of 3,156
Does anyone have both these and the AH-MM400's? I just got my MM400's in the mail and I am loving them.
It sounds a bit similar to the Heos lineup with a "smooth and warm" sound, the pads are also so comfortable that its easy to wear for the whole day and not even sweat (which I can't say about my Panasonic RP-HD10's).
I had the AH-MM400’s and I thought they were fantastic headphones. I gave them away as a gift but have regretted it ever since. I had them before I purchased the D7200’s and thought I wouldn’t miss them once I got the D7200’s, but I do. They were comfortable and easy to drive. I thought they had a nice, enjoyable, balanced sound with a little bass boost that I like. Do get me wrong, the D7200’s outclasses them in every way. But the AH-MM400’s provides you with enough the D7200’s sound while being much more portable.

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #1,229 of 3,156
I been having both for some time now...

The new Dennon are my are my favourites.

I also have as portables:
B&W P5v2
HifiMan Ed S
Audio Technica esw9

All of them modded, but the mm400 are my favorites.

Actually I had many other portables listed in my profile with notes on each.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #1,230 of 3,156
I been having both for some time now...

The new Dennon are my are my favourites.

I also have as portables:
B&W P5v2
HifiMan Ed S
Audio Technica esw9

All of them modded, but the mm400 are my favorites.

Actually I had many other portables listed in my profile with notes on each.

Can you tell me the differences you perceive between the MM400s and the AH-7200's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back