Denon AH-7200
Apr 7, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #916 of 3,156
Bought the Meze 99 Classics cable as a backup and they arrived today. Wow! What a crappy cable! My beautiful Denon sound was wrecked and gone was the neutral signature and clear mids. People you owe it to yourselves to use a decent cable with these cans. The Meze cable muddied the mids and created a slight V shape sound. I absolutely hated it. These cans don't need any more bass or treble. I heard treble peaks for the first time since they've burned in and I heard mushy bass on songs that never had it before. And the mids sounded recessed and noticeably less clear. I'll stick to my Beyerdynamic Audiophile cable. If anyone wants a piece of crap cable for free just send me a message. If you pay for the shipping you can have this poor excuse of a cable for free. Otherwise, it will look great at the bottom of my trash can.

i can confirm that , you are correct ,, but with one extra step :)
The Beyerdynamic Audiophile cable will loose some bass and gain some treble ,, not too much but it is noticeable,,
to get the closest sound to the stock cable ,, is by changing the 3.5 to 6.3 plug to this model ( FURUTECH F63-S(G) GOLD ) , trust me , i tried the Sony Z1R stock cable ,  Kimber Kable , Elear Cable , Meze 99 , and other brands ,, Beyerdynamic Audiophile cable + ( FURUTECH F63-S(G) GOLD ) is the best combination with the Denon 7200 and true to the original cable ..

- http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/audiophile-connection-cable-1-40-m.html

- https://www.moon-audio.com/furutech-f-63-s-g.html
 (dont get it from ebay unless it is from japan)

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #917 of 3,156
i can confirm that , you are correct ,, but with one extra step :)
The Beyerdynamic Audiophile cable will loose some bass and gain some treble ,, not too much but it is noticeable,,
to get the closest sound to the stock cable ,, is by changing the 3.5 to 6.3 plug to this model ( FURUTECH F63-S(G) GOLD ) , trust me , i tried the Sony Z1R stock cable ,  Kimber Kable , Elear Cable , Meze 99 , and other brands ,, Beyerdynamic Audiophile cable + ( FURUTECH F63-S(G) GOLD ) is the best combination with the Denon 7200 and true to the original cable ..

- http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/audiophile-connection-cable-1-40-m.html

- https://www.moon-audio.com/furutech-f-63-s-g.html
[COLOR=FF0000] (dont get it from ebay unless it is from japan)[/COLOR]

Thank you for that! And thanks for the link!

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #918 of 3,156

In Spanish....
dt880smile.png

https://www.auriculares-hifi.com/foro/index.php?topic=8419.msg102319;topicseen#msg102319

Regards

Sisco

Apr 8, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #919 of 3,156
Missed delivery of D7200, so I'll get them only on Monday and can only wait, wait, wait...
By the way I went through all the thread and haven't seen a single notice about these HP on the go. Has anybody tried them as portables? I would use them with QP1R that should have enough power on board to drive D7200. I know they isolate as poor as my TH-X00 Mahogany, but I can still live with that. 
As I understand they have the same cable connectors as T5p 2 so I can be able to use D7200 with Forza Audio cable that works like a charm with the Beyer phones.

Apr 8, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #920 of 3,156
Missed delivery of D7200, so I'll get them only on Monday and can only wait, wait, wait...
By the way I went through all the thread and haven't seen a single notice about these HP on the go. Has anybody tried them as portables? I would use them with QP1R that should have enough power on board to drive D7200. I know they isolate as poor as my TH-X00 Mahogany, but I can still live with that. 
As I understand they have the same cable connectors as T5p 2 so I can be able to use D7200 with Forza Audio cable that works like a charm with the Beyer phones.

They're ok for on the go, but as you already know, there are definitely many headphones that isolate better.

Apr 10, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #925 of 3,156
Finally received the D7200. Sonically it's an improvement over TH-X00 with clearer midrange and more articulate bass without losing the famous big-hearted sound, visceral punch and natural warmth of Fostex. My only reservation so far is related to comfort as I feel pressure from the headband. Hopefully I can live with it as otherwise the headphones are brilliant.

Apr 10, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #927 of 3,156
I got both D7000 and D7200 few weeks ago but have not try to listen to them much.  If any of you know the difference, please let me know.  I don't have very good ears and it's easier for me to verify than to find out.

I also bought the JVC HP-DX100 but don't expect to receive them in a few weeks.

HN

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #928 of 3,156
Finally received the D7200. Sonically it's an improvement over TH-X00 with clearer midrange and more articulate bass without losing the famous big-hearted sound, visceral punch and natural warmth of Fostex. My only reservation so far is related to comfort as I feel pressure from the headband. Hopefully I can live with it as otherwise the headphones are brilliant.

Try finding the setting where the headphone are not lose on your head, then readjust the very middle top of the headband slightly (lift it a bit then readjust). See if that helps

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #929 of 3,156
Try finding the setting where the headphone are not lose on your head, then readjust the very middle top of the headband slightly (lift it a bit then readjust). See if that helps

Thanks for the advice. I tried it and the change of pressure point makes wearing the D7200 a little bit more tolerable. However I'm also thinking about an extra padding or something similar. It's a pity as otherwise these HP are nearly ideal for my needs.

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #930 of 3,156
Thanks for the advice. I tried it and the change of pressure point makes wearing the D7200 a little bit more tolerable. However I'm also thinking about an extra padding or something similar. It's a pity as otherwise these HP are nearly ideal for my needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back