Denon AH-7200
Apr 4, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #891 of 3,166
Had the D7200 for a week and sold them.  They have issues with the headband.  I don't have a large head, but I needed to extend the headband fully to 8.  When you open them up to put them on your head, the headband dips in the center, the center of the headband dips down because of lack of support through the headband.  None of the Foxtex TH style headbands do that.  Because of that pressure created in the center of the headband and nothing to keep the pressure even on the center of your head, if causes much discomfort after wearing them for a short while.  Headaches!  Another problem is that the D7200 ring is not compatible with any of the Denon, Fostex, ZMF, Mr Speakers, basically any other pads available.  Why would Denon use such a poor headband design, and why would they have a different attachment style for the ear pads?.  IMO, they shot themselves in the foot on both counts!
Old style headband, old style attachment rings for the pads, c'mon Denon......they do have a flat sound I could appreciate, but Denon missed on comfort and design.

GLWTS!

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #892 of 3,166
Been wearing mine for the past 3 1/2 hours enjoying a few albums whilst working at my computer, no comfort issues here but I noticed that dip in the middle and thought What

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #893 of 3,166
Had the D7200 for a week and sold them.  They have issues with the headband.  I don't have a large head, but I needed to extend the headband fully to 8.  When you open them up to put them on your head, the headband dips in the center, the center of the headband dips down because of lack of support through the headband.  None of the Foxtex TH style headbands do that.  Because of that pressure created in the center of the headband and nothing to keep the pressure even on the center of your head, if causes much discomfort after wearing them for a short while.  Headaches!  Another problem is that the D7200 ring is not compatible with any of the Denon, Fostex, ZMF, Mr Speakers, basically any other pads available.  Why would Denon use such a poor headband design, and why would they have a different attachment style for the ear pads?.  IMO, they shot themselves in the foot on both counts!
Old style headband, old style attachment rings for the pads, c'mon Denon......they do have a flat sound I could appreciate, but Denon missed on comfort and design.

GLWTS!

Sorry to hear that. I also wear them fully extended but they're comfortable for me that way and I don't get the center pressure you mentioned. I also haven't tried any other earpads as I really like the stock ones. Knowing that they're replaceable is all I needed to know. Did yours already sell? Because there's a guy looking to buy some right now in another thread.

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #894 of 3,166

GLWTS!

Been wearing mine for the past 3 1/2 hours enjoying a few albums whilst working at my computer, no comfort issues here but I noticed that dip in the middle and thought What

It's a known issue for all of us. I think Denon attempted to make a better headband but did not realize the flaw in the concept. Also I like Dekoni pads on D7200 and I sweat less with the leather pads.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #899 of 3,166
  I cannot find them on amazona and Crutchfield ...
Please show me link

I guess they did not release them yet to those vendors but her you gohttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Denon-headphones-Hi-res-compatible-sealed-dynamic-type-wood-grain-AH-D7200-/201785240239?hash=item2efb566aaf:g:xvkAAOSw2xRYfGzR. They told me Pro site would ahve them as well as Crutchfield and Amazon.
Paste

Users who are viewing this thread

Back