Denon AH-7200
Feb 23, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #543 of 3,155
 The NH resolves better than the D7200. The D7200 to me sounds mid ranged to me, but has issues that doesn't make them enjoyable to me. The Nighthawk puls micro details out of recordings that the D7200 can't. I have also owned the TH900 and LCD-X. The LCD-X doesn't resolve very well, especially considering it's price. 

I've got both the NH and D7200 in front of me now and the NH is clearly a more resolving, refined and technically superior headphone .

Are you saying that the NH outresolves the LCD-X?

How about Th900 vs AH 7200?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #545 of 3,155
 The NH resolves better than the D7200. The D7200 to me sounds mid ranged to me, but has issues that doesn't make them enjoyable to me. The Nighthawk puls micro details out of recordings that the D7200 can't. I have also owned the TH900 and LCD-X. The LCD-X doesn't resolve very well, especially considering it's price. 

I've got both the NH and D7200 in front of me now and the NH is clearly a more resolving, refined and technically superior headphone .

Are you saying that the NH outresolves the LCD-X?

How about Th900 vs AH 7200?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #546 of 3,155
I ended up unstraightening my very voluminous slightly wavy hair and the fit seems to be far less painful at the top of my head. I hope it stays this way, but the fit definitely is still a bit worse than the D2000.

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #547 of 3,155
  I finally got to borrow my friends pair today.

I didn't think these are as good as the original D7000. The D7200 seems to have some high distortion going, upper mid dip, rough treble although the bass does mask some of the treble, it reminds me of the Nighthawk in that department.

Personally if you want audiophile bass cannons look into the NH over these as they seem to resolve better than the D7200.  I'll pend some more time with these but in my experience longer sessions allows listeners to get used to recessions, distortions, and other issues.

This was kind of what I was afraid of. When I read that Denon were moving away from the original Fostex/Denon signature sound, and were building on the 7100 sound, I was afraid to jump on board. I just adore the originals, so I decided to invest in another D7000 set, while there there are somewhat sane opportunities, if your fortunate to find a pair in great condition. I will certainly give the 7200 a chance if the opportunity presents itself, though.

Feb 24, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #549 of 3,155
This was kind of what I was afraid of. When I read that Denon were moving away from the original Fostex/Denon signature sound, and were building on the 7100 sound, I was afraid to jump on board. I just adore the originals, so I decided to invest in another D7000 set, while there there are somewhat sane opportunities, if your fortunate to find a pair in great condition. I will certainly give the 7200 a chance if the opportunity presents itself, though.

Well Edward believes NH resolves better than LCD-X which is not agreed by the majorities here, so just think this as a personal opinion. Grab a pair and listen is always a better option.

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #552 of 3,155
Oh, I really would love to hear them, considering I'm a Denon nut already. But with no dealers in my area I guess I can't pay to play, unless I hear them first, having had reservations even at the pre-sale price. I did base my D5k and D7k purchases based on reviews here though, and I feel the impressions as a whole, were quite accurate. But, that was years worth of opinions. So I'm excited for all you guys getting to do test runs and giving comparisons, naturally.

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #554 of 3,155

It's sad. I was a hugeeeeee fan of the older models. There were not the most technical headphones but they had a juicy, big personality and I loved them. Since the split it's not the same and it never will be due Denon not mastering their biocell drivers and the housing yet. If you don'tmind spending out for a D7000 I would def recommend it over anything Denon has put out recently. I love biocellulose driver's in general and was hoping that Denon would take a longer time out and maybe come back in the future with a game changer but I just don't think headphones are their forte. 

I thought the TH900 had good tech but jsut a screwy FR reponse. The actual driver is phenomenal. 

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #555 of 3,155
If anyone is trying to decide on the D7200, think about how much the D7000 with less sub-bass rumble, mid-bass bleed, more midrange presence and treble control is worth to you. 

Quite a shame they blew it on the fit and comfort this time around when they finally got the sound (IMO) right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back