DENAFRIPS Terminator: the King of R2R dac
Sep 12, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #137 of 1,025
:darthsmile:
Thank you & enjoy the music, guys!

Dear Alvin, Please can you comment on the impact of an external clock like Jay's RC-PREMIUM WCK (or another )on the Terminator sound ? How to connect the external clock to the Terminator ?

Also, if we have a music server with Clock Input (like Aurender W20), can the external clock syncronise the Music server and the Terminator ?

Sep 12, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #138 of 1,025
Any of you been in an industrial factory? You may have seen these signs (required by law)...

GRAPHIC-DANGER-SIGNS-22850-ba.jpg

And, indeed the absurdity of the 50-lb beast --- so many of you are enamored with -- was made apparent when Mr. Darko unboxes and sets up his Dena (those pointy feet!!!!!!!!!) ...

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #140 of 1,025
I LOL'd, too, when I first discovered the convention for nomenclature ....

D -- Deadly
E -- Electrical
N -- Numerical
A -- Analyzer
F -- For
R -- Reasonable
I -- Integrating
P -- Percolating
S -- Stereophonics

I reacted like this:

I was hoping it would at least be a more natural laugh... but it's not :frowning2:
But it reminded me of another video, check youtube for videos on this: схватка двух якодзун
It's in Russian, but it's not about how or what the person is talking about (Which is sumo wrestling match results) but about the real hard laugh.

Also, I guess subscribed to this thread now with this post, now that I have my Focal Utopia headphones, and I'm really content with them, it would be hard to get better headphones for me (I don't think that anything will match these for me in the next 10 years at least) so thinking of upping my game with a better DAC, been mainly on Delta Sigma DACs so far, though that might change, currently looking for my end game DAC as either Hugo TT 2 or Denafrips Terminator
I've seen that someone bought it who lives in Israel, so if they are on this forum, do tell :D

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #141 of 1,025
Anyone compare the Terminator to the PS Directstream Sr. with red cloud ?

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #142 of 1,025
See the post above on John Darko"s review on YT.

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #143 of 1,025
Sep 18, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #144 of 1,025
So anyone else have impressions of their terminator? How are they enjoying it compared to other dacs?

Anyone compare it to the Dave or hugo2?

Sep 27, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #145 of 1,025
For terminator owners anyone try a USB to I2S device on it and if so did it make a difference?

Sep 27, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #146 of 1,025
For terminator owners anyone try a USB to I2S device on it and if so did it make a difference?
Just FYI, that's exactly what the Amanero card does in the Terminator. That said, there may be better DDCs than the Amanero card, but the Amanero is quite respected.

Sep 27, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #147 of 1,025
denafrips terminator makes me think of twisted transistor...

Sep 28, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #148 of 1,025
Just FYI, that's exactly what the Amanero card does in the Terminator. That said, there may be better DDCs than the Amanero card, but the Amanero is quite respected.

Do you have any advice on improving my source or chain in general if I like to listen from my desktop with a mouse and keyboard controlling things? It seems my HE9 + Term stack responds well to very well mastered music. Right now im just connecting directly via usb from front panel of my desktop to term. Using wasapi + foobar + flacs.

Sep 28, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #150 of 1,025
Well… I finally bought a used W20 to drive my Terminator. I am a happy Aurender owner now ! :wink:

I rapidly tested the W20 with USB and also a cheap Coax cable. Now I need to find the best IC cable between my W20 and My DAC

—> What is the recommended connection ? USB , single AES/EBU 110 ohms ? Coax 75 ohms ?

NOTE : during my initial tests, I had the impression that I could play DSD Ok with USB but not with the Coax connection ! is it normal or did I configured something wrong ? will the AES have the salle limitation with DSD ? (I will try to avoid the DSD to PCM W20's optional internal conversion… )

PS : It looks like the most raved digital cables are now Transparent Reference and Shunyata SIGMA ! do you have other Digital cable to recommend ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back