Denafrips Sub-Brand or Rip-off? The case of Musician Audio's Pegasus R2R DAC
Nov 18, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #151 of 316
I totally understand that people find it funny that a small fuse can make a difference in sound, but when you're not sure about something, then keep it to yourself and not make fun of it in public.
Don’t forget many of us can actually afford to buy audiophile fuses. With the horrid “dissimilar” metals. Audiophile fuses that sound excellent in our other components. Components that never had the horrid “inductive” fuses.
Any component in the device can be upgraded with better quality and lead to a change in sound. If the manufacturer installed the best components in the architecture of the device, then the price would go too high. To the DAC comes a good cable that filters various crap and brings clean energy into the device, the fuse on that path is an essential component.
My view

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #152 of 316
There is a clip on the you tube that compares the stock fuse to the $ 230 fuse, I couldn't hear any difference, but it was a system over 200K
And I think they make subtle differences that are heard by relaxed listening rather than focused attention on a particular aspect of the sound.
just a guess
Those who have replaced the basic fuses say they make a noticeable difference

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #153 of 316
I ordered that fuse, I haven't received it yet and therefore I haven't heard so...
Still waiting? I would immediately walk into the hardware store, get one for cew cents and try...
Then cancel a shipment and save €45. :)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #157 of 316
The NBT studio guy gave two consecutive product of the year awards to Denafrips products. He craps all over the Denafrips's sole competitor at this time, the Musician Pegasus. Does it not look a bit obvious? Is he in bed with Denafrips? Maybe, maybe not. However, It is a legitimate suspicion one could have about this reviewer. You are the one here lashing out at everybody who may think that way dude. Get off this forum, go back to your holy nbt studio and keep it quiet dude.

Here's a new thought... maybe the Pegasus just isn't that good at a premium price and the Denafrips just are that good. It's not just NBT that thinks so but many many others say that Denafrips is incredibly good at comparatively affordable prices. In fact everyone who reviewed it. So you're not just targeting Jay but all those others who shared their enthousiasm about the Ares and other Denafrips products. So you might think your suspicion is legitimate, to me it shows you're wearing eyeblinds or have severe tunnel vision. I guess you would even accuse your physician of 'lashing out' at you for just making a diagnosis.

Try to do some background reading of how to discern what is true and what is not. It's a science called epistemology. How to discern a bias, wrong interpretation, circular reasoning, forced narrative, half truths and manipulation. It might be very helpfull.

Nov 18, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #159 of 316
It looks to me like Denafrips dudes insist on paying the dealer's cut. Pegasus dudes pay manufacturer direct. There's gotta be a lotta butthurt Denafrips bros out here after they realize the dealer's cut can cost a lot! Economics! It's a tad rough, i know LOL
why can't you write English like an adult? Please grow up.

Also, you are not making sense. The Ares II is ~40% cheaper than the Pegasus. You are completely discrediting yourself.

Nov 18, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #160 of 316
Here's a new thought... maybe the Pegasus just isn't that good at a premium price and the Denafrips just are that good. It's not just NBT that thinks so but many many others say that Denafrips is incredibly good at comparatively affordable prices. In fact everyone who reviewed it. So you're not just targeting Jay but all those others who shared their enthousiasm about the Ares and other Denafrips products. So you might think your suspicion is legitimate, to me it shows you're wearing eyeblinds or have severe tunnel vision. I guess you would even accuse your physician of 'lashing out' at you for just making a diagnosis.

Try to do some background reading of how to discern what is true and what is not. It's a science called epistemology. How to discern a bias, wrong interpretation, circular reasoning, forced narrative, half truths and manipulation. It might be very helpfull.
Are you NBT ahole Jay on a hidey account a.k.a calling himself "jeep" on head-fi? Is that you, you fraudulent, lying, conniving , self serving ahole?

Nov 18, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #161 of 316
why can't you write English like an adult? Please grow up.

Also, you are not making sense. The Ares II is ~40% cheaper than the Pegasus. You are completely discrediting yourself.
Hey Fraud Jeep/Jay whatever, the Pegasus goes head to toe against the Venus and costs 64% less than the Denafrips Venus. You can shove that Ares up your fraudulent ***

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #162 of 316
Hey Fraud Jeep/Jay whatever, the Pegasus goes head to toe against the Venus and costs 64% less than the Denafrips Venus. You can shove that Ares up your fraudulent ***

I got my Pegasus for $899 + tax - 5% for using PayPal during the 11.11 sale at aliexpress :o2smile:

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #163 of 316
The main reason for buying pegasus was that the young ambitious team with experience knocked out their first DAC.
It was logical for the business to be exceptional at an unbeatable price (their survival depends on success), plus reading various reviews that praised it. These are engineers who worked in denafrips, where the logic is to place their first product at a 40% higher price than the popular product of another brand(to whom they worked). At the same time, people who have never heard him, belittle him and state that all the reviewers who rated him positively are mercenaries, and the only reviewer who speaks against him is honest !?
And finally, what I can say with 99% certainty, the sound processing performed by the pegasus is impossible found in the DAC below 1.5 K. Good sound requires financial investment, and if you need sure success, you will set up a product that has the best price-quality ratio.
I connected quality inputs and outputs with pegasus and that gives me an exceptional listening experience, I know I invested my money the best.
Only the audiophile community will be harmed by their killing

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #164 of 316
And finally, what I can say with 99% certainty, the sound processing performed by the pegasus is impossible found in the DAC below 1.5 K.
[...]
Not interested in killing a honest starting business, but what sound processing you are talking about that is different to the established competitors? So far we found that all marketting claims about advantage of Pegasus were false, this is a new issue. Please also specify whether it is software only solution (I'd like to see white papers, patents) or it required beefing up hardware (which part specifically).

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #165 of 316
Pegasus does sound great. And there is indeed no better dac below 1.5kusd.
The main reason for buying pegasus was that the young ambitious team with experience knocked out their first DAC.
It was logical for the business to be exceptional at an unbeatable price (their survival depends on success), plus reading various reviews that praised it. These are engineers who worked in denafrips, where the logic is to place their first product at a 40% higher price than the popular product of another brand(to whom they worked). At the same time, people who have never heard him, belittle him and state that all the reviewers who rated him positively are mercenaries, and the only reviewer who speaks against him is honest !?
And finally, what I can say with 99% certainty, the sound processing performed by the pegasus is impossible found in the DAC below 1.5 K. Good sound requires financial investment, and if you need sure success, you will set up a product that has the best price-quality ratio.
I connected quality inputs and outputs with pegasus and that gives me an exceptional listening experience, I know I invested my money the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back