DENAFRIPS FPGA Firmware Update (12TH Anniv.)
Feb 22, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #1,069 of 1,173
Anybody order to the U.S.A with expedited shipping? Also, any custom fees applied?

I ask because, I've never orders such expensive items to the US. In a week I'll be ordering the Pontus, Iris, and Artemis... provided nothing drastic comes up, and I still hold my nerves in going through with said purchases.

Feb 22, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #1,070 of 1,173
Anybody order to the U.S.A with expedited shipping? Also, any custom fees applied?

I ask because, I've never orders such expensive items to the US. In a week I'll be ordering the Pontus, Iris, and Artemis... provided nothing drastic comes up, and I still hold my nerves in going through with said purchases.
My orders took about a week to NY

Feb 22, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #1,071 of 1,173

With their standard delivery it took 9 days to arrive here.

And congrats on your multiple purchases. Keep in mind it will take 100+ hours to sound their best. I’ve been very happy with my Pontus 2 - 12!

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #1,072 of 1,173

You`re gonna be impressed with their service and the performance of Denafrips products are top notch. Congrats on you`re soon to be purchase.

Feb 23, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #1,073 of 1,173
My orders took about a week to NY
With their standard delivery it took 9 days to arrive here.
Thanks guys. I just heard back from Alvin as he confirmed my configuration diagram for equipment setup.

And yeah, he basically gave me the same time frame from after the order is shipped.

And congrats on your multiple purchases. Keep in mind it will take 100+ hours to sound their best. I’ve been very happy with my Pontus 2 - 12!
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to getting these. I've been looking at them for a year now.

Now I just need to wait to till next week before I can place the order. Also, that I don't get cold feet.

Feb 23, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #1,074 of 1,173
Hello,

I've an Ares 12th-1and have an issue with PCM1536 on usb input : I've static noise on the right channel every time i use PCM1536. PCM1411 is OK and all other bitrate tested (all PCM to DSD512) are OK too. I've the latest firmware (1.8 and the 3.12 for USB).

Does someone has the same issue or my unit is defective or it can be a firmware issue ?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #1,076 of 1,173
@Deuch, I've no answer for you as I've not received my products yet, so I've yet to deal with firmware updates.

That said, I know some have said reverting to the previous firmware /and or updating again solved whatever issues may have arrived from updating. Suggest you look through the previous pages here to see if something helps.

Good luck.

Mar 4, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #1,078 of 1,173
Ordered the Pontus II 12th-1 DAC, Artemis Headphone amp, and Iris 12th DDC....

Order was placed on the 27th of Feb and came in today (4 Mar) so super-fast delivery from China to USA.

Got everything setup in full balance mode via XLR cables. Using I2S cable from Iris to Pontus. System sounds a little thick, but I understand it needs about 300 hours burn in.

Don't know what firmware it came with, but I assume it's the latest, so... Anyway to tell?

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #1,079 of 1,173
Ordered the Pontus II 12th-1 DAC, Artemis Headphone amp, and Iris 12th DDC....

Order was placed on the 27th of Feb and came in today (4 Mar) so super-fast delivery from China to USA.

Got everything setup in full balance mode via XLR cables. Using I2S cable from Iris to Pontus. System sounds a little thick, but I understand it needs about 300 hours burn in.

Don't know what firmware it came with, but I assume it's the latest, so... Anyway to tell?
If you have a Mac hookup the dac via usb and the firmware version is listed as a usb source under sound preferences. I assume a Linux box would work similarly?
A windows computer you need to install a driver, usb hookup to dac then from what I understand when you look at the driver in device manager it should give the firmware version…

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #1,080 of 1,173
If you have a Mac hookup the dac via usb and the firmware version is listed as a usb source under sound preferences. I assume a Linux box would work similarly?
A windows computer you need to install a driver, usb hookup to dac then from what I understand when you look at the driver in device manager it should give the firmware version…
Thanks. No, I don't have a Mac, strictly Windows PC.

Anyway, the firmware info isn't showing in the Denafrips USB Audio Device Control Panel - not under the Status, Info, or About tabs. Also not listed in Device Manager. And as a PC builder, I know my way around Device Manager, and that info isn't there.

No worries though as I'm quite sure it has the latest firmware as site's product pages says it ships with the latest. This is a non-issue. Was just curious.

Do you have a Pontus? If so, does your get hot? Mine is barely warn. I ask because I'd heard some say it can get toasty. Mine barely gets warm.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back