DENAFRIPS FPGA Firmware Update (12TH Anniv.)
Mar 9, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #1,096 of 1,124
Why would you need to do another break-in (burn-in?) for a firmware update?

The electronics themselves are already burned in; I doubt a firmware update changes that.
The real burn-in is yourself getting used to the new sound

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #1,097 of 1,124

The electronics themselves are already burned in; I doubt a firmware update changes that.

There are a lot of theories, but too many of us, me included, experienced the sound changing (improving) after the new firmware had played for 50-100+ hours for it not to be a thing. But YMMV as always.

Mar 9, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #1,098 of 1,124
There are a lot of theories, but too many of us, me included, experienced the sound changing (improving) after the new firmware had played for 50-100+ hours for it not to be a thing. But YMMV as always.
Equates to this... ⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣
The real burn-in is yourself getting used to the new sound

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #1,099 of 1,124

FPGA is a high integration circuit and noisy. Programming can be compared to assembling from Lego blocks. It removes some blocks from the structure and creates connections to other blocks, some of them have never been used before. New connections and blocks need burn-in.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #1,101 of 1,124
Hi folks, I’m looking for the FUT and all FPGA firmware versions for my Enyo (EP4CE6F). I want to rollback to v1.0 and see if I prefer that. Unfortunately the vinshine links are broken. Can someone send me the files? Thanks. IME the upgrade is too energetic at times, and I tend to prefer soft vs accurate. And if I recall correctly v1.0 sounds softer, to my ears :).

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #1,107 of 1,124
I'm sorry, I didn't pay attention that you have Enyo. To eliminate the fatal error, I deleted my post above. I don't think the Enyo and Pontus firmware are compatible.
I started to say something about that, but see it was caught and corrected (deleted).

I would also urge people to be mindful, that if you got a new device that "shipped" with the latest firmware update, I don't think it wise to put an older firmware update on a newer device. I'm certainly not doing it with mine. But to each his own.

Good luck.

Apr 2, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #1,108 of 1,124
I started to say something about that, but see it was caught and corrected (deleted).

I would also urge people to be mindful, that if you got a new device that "shipped" with the latest firmware update, I don't think it wise to put an older firmware update on a newer device. I'm certainly not doing it with mine. But to each his own.

Good luck.
Thanks - I’ve reached out to Denafrips with this question. Better to err on the side of caution.

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #1,109 of 1,124
The Denafrips firmware group provided the link to the FUT and FPGA firmware versions. Rolling back to v1.0 on the Enyo was successful, and so far I am enjoying this sound signature more: I tend to prefer velvet and mellow sounds over refinement, though not to isolate these as core differences between v1.0 vs v1.3. v1.3 revealed more detail in my system, and sometimes those details were portrayed a bit too bright and at other times it sounded more intimate.

Mac Mini - USB - Denafrips Enyo - Creek Audio Destiny - Wharfedale Diamond 10.7

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #1,110 of 1,124
Are there any 2024 firmware updates in the making / available already? Just curious.
The "old" 2023 links to the support site seem dead by now.

My Terminator II firmware issue (latest firmware level) isn't resolved yet (since Juin 2023) !
Only reply got about new firmware availability : "Not available yet" .... (some I2S issues should be resolved into next firmware like the one I have)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back