1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by pitbul34, Jan 28, 2017.
First

Back
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
  1. DarkMatter1
    Is it true that the Ares has a crappy sounding optical input?Thats a deal breaker for me.Unless i get it modded.The OCD HiFi guy on youtube said he was going to mod it.He said he is going to take out the transformer and move it away from the main board.And basically design a whole new chassis for it.I wonder if he finished it.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  2. elan120
  3. RadioWonder737
    https://www.vinshineaudio.com/product-page/denafrips-ares-r2r-dac

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  4. RadioWonder737
    Sorry, mistake... :frowning2:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  5. ReAlien
  6. Ricey20
    How do you guys think the Denafrips Ares would compare to my current dac, the Audio-GD Ref 7. Been thinking of getting a newer DAC since my Ref 7 is almost a decade old and I'm not sure which DAC to try out.

7. jimmychan
    You should try R7, I upgraded from Ref 1 to R7.

8. Ricey20
    I have the R7, but it's 10+ years old now or something, so I was wondering if one of these newer decently priced R2 ladder dacs are able to surpass it.

9. jimmychan
    R7 is the most recent model from audio-gd and different from Reference 7.

10. Ricey20
    Oh I see. How was the Reference 1 compared to the R7?
    I'm also wondering how the R1 compares to the Denafrips Ares. I know Kingwa told me before the R1 is a step up from the Ref7 in a few areas and comparable in the rest.

I need something in a smaller chasis so I don't think I can get an R7. I need to sell my Ref7 for the same reason.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  11. Spareribs
    Looks pretty awesome. I might get this Denafrips DAC

First

Back
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79