DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view
Mar 18, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #556 of 3,907
I suppose that they will ship anywhere. From the previous Facebook listing it seems these have factory warranty. What seems to be 1 year factory warranty vs 3 year from Vinshineaudio.

Denafrips will sell direct also but I choose Vinshineaudio because of 3 year warranty. The customer service is also top notch!     
gs1000.gif
gs1000.gif
gs1000.gif

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #557 of 3,907
I'm not too too worried about warranty, I'll buy it from wherever I can get it cheapest haha.

Slightly off-topic:
I know neotech makes good usb cables, but does anyone have any advice for a good i2s cable?

Just got official confirmation that Audio Broker is no longer an authorized dealer, ONLY Vinshine Audio.

Mar 18, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #558 of 3,907

Joseph69, Kudos for the link!

It seems that Singxer has only USB input.
As Singxer USB XMOS chip is same as in ARES it makes no sense to use it. At least in my case. My TV has only optical and headphone output. The USB-s on TV are probably only inputs. Another possibility is to use TV-s HDMI for digital audio output and convert it to USB to use and re-clock with Ares XMOS.

Anyone know some HDMI to USB cable/converter for audio purpose?

Yes, the Singxer has a USB input only, but also has an i2s output along with the Holo Spring having an i2s input.

- Denafrips dac-68
- Holo Spring (from Wildism Audio HK, Jensen Caps + Silver Transformer)

Impressions coming soon
L3000.gif

As an owner of the Holo "KTE" I'm looking forward to reading your impressions between the two.

Mar 18, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #561 of 3,907
So I read these two conflicting statements correctly - Denafrips says that if you bought from Audio.Broker you'll have to go to them for warranty work.
Audio.Broker (in very broken english) seems to be saying that Denafrips is responsible for the warranty, not them.

I guess buyers from Audio.Broker didn't save anything at all

Mar 18, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #563 of 3,907
Just a comment on the Warranty, if I do remember correctly Alvin from Vinshine said:

"Denafrips increased MANUFACTURER warranty to 3 years", which means if you have a problem you have to send the unit to the manufacturer, am I right?

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #566 of 3,907

Just a comment on the Warranty, if I do remember correctly Alvin from Vinshine said:

"Denafrips increased MANUFACTURER warranty to 3 years", which means if you have a problem you have to send the unit to the manufacturer, am I right?

I think if you purchase from Vinshine Audio, in case of problems you have to send them.

I really think that the first year is to handle by Vinshine, and the two following years by Denafrips. That is how it normally works.

Maybe Alvin can shine his light on this

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #567 of 3,907

I really think that the first year is to handle by Vinshine, and the two following years by Denafrips. That is how it normally works.

Guys, all three years warranty shall be covered by the manufacturer DENAFRIPS. Procedure to file the RMA shall be coordinated with Vinshine Audio 
smile_phones.gif

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #568 of 3,907

Guys, all three years warranty shall be covered by the manufacturer DENAFRIPS. Procedure to file the RMA shall be coordinated with Vinshine Audio 
smile_phones.gif

Thanks Alvin for cleering this up 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 18, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #569 of 3,907
  I'm not too too worried about warranty, I'll buy it from wherever I can get it cheapest haha.

Slightly off-topic:
I know neotech makes good usb cables, but does anyone have any advice for a good i2s cable?

Just got official confirmation that Audio Broker is no longer an authorized dealer, ONLY Vinshine Audio.

Well the price difference was only $15 when I ordered ARES so I choose longer warranty and super service.
bigsmile_face.gif

Just checked, Denafrips has updated their homepage and it seems that now it can only be bought from their sole worldwide distributor Vinshineaudio.
Congrats to Alvin and Vinshineaudio!
beerchug.gif

PitBul34 took such a great pictures of the Ares that they are now used on official Denafrips website! Congrats PitBul34!
beerchug.gif

LOL..... I think that now you have the right to charge copyright fees.
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zachchen1996

Totally agree about Neotech. It`s one of the few cable manufactures that has a real science and technology behind their products. Majority of other cable company's use their mono-crystal copper and silver in their most expensive cables.

Mar 18, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #570 of 3,907
Originally Posted by Mr Pluto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PitBul34 took such a great pictures of the Ares that they are now used on official Denafrips website! Congrats PitBul34!
beerchug.gif

LOL..... I think that now you have the right to charge copyright fees.
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif

I wanna Terminator instead of copyright fees 
beerchug.gif
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back