DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view
Mar 13, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #452 of 3,907
My actual dac are Mark Levinson 360S e Gustard X20U. In the next day I'll post my impressions of listening, a full review of the Ares also compared with my other DACs, and even with a Holo Spring Level one of my friend.

Very interested and looking forward to reading your comparison of Spring DAC vs Ares. I've been intrigued with these two DACs since learning about them. Thanks in advance. 

Mar 13, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #453 of 3,907
Hello together,

my name is Eugen and that's my first post here. I got my Ares some hours ago and I'm speechless concerning the details which are brought to my ears without any harshness. I compared it shortly with my Yulong D200 and my Chord Mojo. The Yulong can't compete at all but the Mojo is much closer.
I'll try to be a bit more specific later on.

Thanks again to Alvin who was performing outstanding with his support and service. I never had such a good service in my life online!

Regards from Switzerland
Eugen

Looking forward to your comparison of Ares vs Mojo since I have Mojo and can use that as a reference. Thanks!

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #455 of 3,907
My actual dac are Mark Levinson 360S e Gustard X20U. In the next day I'll post my impressions of listening, a full review of the Ares also compared with my other DACs, and even with a Holo Spring Level one of my friend.

krell1967,

Sorry it`s a bit off the topic but may I ask how the Levinson 360S compares to Gustard X20U?

Seems the Gustard has also created a lot of buzz here and with Levinson I´m somewhat familiar.

Mar 14, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #458 of 3,907

My music room and my actual dac....

Impressive!
Are those speakers Infinity's? What kind of pre-power amps do you use?

Very curious about the final comparissons :)

Mar 14, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #461 of 3,907

Impressive!
Are those speakers Infinity's? What kind of pre-power amps do you use?

Very curious about the final comparissons :)

My speakers are Infinity IRS Beta, preamp in photo is EAR Yoshino 868, now I have a Spectral DMC-20, amps are Gamut mono M250i and Gamut Stereo D200i.

Yes indeed, the IRS Beta's, LOVE them 
wink_face.gif

Very nice that Spectral and those Gamut's power amps. Didn't heard of the Gamut's before, but looking at them inside, they've used my favourite buffer elco's from Rifa, the big white ones, absolutely TOP.
And the use of NPN-Only, and only one per phase, that's very impressive!

Think this is THE revealing set and review to wait for 
bigsmile_face.gif

Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Alex

Mar 14, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #463 of 3,907

wink_face.gif

Very nice that Spectral and those Gamut's power amps. Didn't heard of the Gamut's before, but looking at them inside, they've used my favourite buffer elco's from Rifa, the big white ones, absolutely TOP.

bigsmile_face.gif

Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Alex

Thanks a lot Alex,
It's a good setup and very revealing, stay tuned for my review. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #464 of 3,907

wink_face.gif

bigsmile_face.gif

Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Alex

Thanks a lot Alex,
It's a good setup and very revealing, stay tuned for my review. 
beerchug.gif

You're most welcome!
I definitely will stay tuned, promised 
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back